D255 with External VGA Monitor

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by pye, Jan 11, 2011.

1. pye

pye

Windows 7 Control Panel only offers a max resolution "1024x600" for Resolution: and "Duplicate these displays" for Multiple Displays:

What do I need to do to enable different display on external monitor and higher resolution on external monitor?

Thanks.

pye, Jan 11, 2011
  2. pye

donec

You may be stuck with only 1024 x 600 resolution as I believe the graphics chip is limited to that.

donec, Jan 11, 2011
  3. pye

Swarvey Moderator

You might be running Win7 Starter, which is crippled. The maximum (without tweaks) resolution on the AAO LCD is 1024x600, with the DisplayScaling registry tweak you can crank it much higher.

As for any external monitors / TV's, the AAO should detect their highest possible resolution and, with a non-crippled version of Win7 you should not have any problems obtaining higher resolutions on them. Don't go too high as the graphics chip isn't that powerful and displaying full HD video on an external device may be a bit chunky.

Swarvey, Jan 12, 2011
  4. pye

woodde

Can you give more informations about such a Tweak? I'm trying to use a 22" Eizo TFT with my Aspire One 721 but it did not allows more than a 1024 x 768 resolution.

woodde, Jan 13, 2011
  5. pye

Swarvey Moderator

Be careful when editing your registry as changing the wrong value can cripple your machine

I'm not sure if this will effect displays on an external monitor, but I am able to achieve HD resolutions on my digital projector when attached to my D250

First update your graphics drivers to the latest spec's from the Intel website, you may find that updated drivers might enable higher resolutions

* Start -> Run -> clear the box, type in "REGEDIT" without the " marks, press OK.
    * When regedit opens, press CTRL+F to start a search
    * Search for Display1_DownScalingSupported, change the value to 1 and repeat until you've changed all the entries
    * Close regedit and reboot, you should now be able to select higher resolutions

Swarvey, Jan 13, 2011
  6. pye

pye

Yup - that's the problem. It's my first Win7 Starter machine and hadn't realized "multiple monitors" isn't supported.

pye, Jan 13, 2011
  7. pye

Rick 250

I was able to get my D250 to display 1920x1200 on an external monitor with no problems. I keep the D250 at 1152x864 normally with the modified graphics driver. See if there is a modified graphics driver for your model.
    HD Video never works on my model anyways, the sound will play but the video freezes.

EDIT: Oh and I'm running Windows 7 Pro with 2GB of ram. Atom N280

Rick 250, Jan 16, 2011
Ask a Question