D250 Sleep

Discussion in 'MacOS' started by itpfreak, Oct 7, 2010.

1. itpfreak

itpfreak

Has anyone had any success recently in getting sleep working on the AAO line? Specifically a D250? I am running 10.6.4 and have EVERYTHING working except for the sleep which is a real pain! I dont like it forcing a reboot when I shut the lid, so for now I am using "insomiax" which basically prevents it from sleeping. It works but i dont like it staying hot all the time and I have to make sure I leave it plugged in all the time.

Can anyone get sleep going? I saw some stuff on the boards from a year or so ago about how some got it going with "sleepenabler.kext" and bios version 1.25--- I am running 1.25 BIOS and have tried all sorts of kexts and no success. Will sleep ever be possible on the D250??? I am seriously considering selling this thing and getting a Dell mini 10V as I know you can get sleep going on that.

Anyone interested in a D250 that is already running 10.6.4 and everything working just fine except sleep? LOL

itpfreak, Oct 7, 2010
  2. itpfreak

sansun

hey there!

i've got an Aspire One D150.
    i've got mac os x 10.6.3, Win 7 and Linux Ubuntu 10.04 running on it.
    i'm still interested in how do you make 10.6.4 working on your Acer :D
    and does your intern camera and mic work?
    i have the same problem with the sleep mode and i tried maby 5 sleepenabler kexts nothings works-.-

sansun, Oct 13, 2010
  3. itpfreak

notbad

you need to enable native power management and to use a DSDT. i didnt try it seriuosly but what i got is that when it tryes to wake up i could see the desktop with a loading line(i dont know how to describe this in english) but it didnt wake up. without the tweaks when i press the sleep it just restarts the netbook. it needs some more tweaking. but i'm out of knowledge. other than that my D150 runs good with 10.6.5 :)

notbad, Jan 11, 2011
  4. itpfreak

sansun

does the sleep mode runs on your d150 ?
    and how can you update. everytime i tried to update i get a kernel panic :(
    do you use netbook installer or other versions of mac os x like iatkos?

sansun, Jan 23, 2011
  5. itpfreak

notbad

i used netbook installer and retail 10.6.3 after installing i booted and dowloaded combo update, updated ran netbook installer once again and thats all. i dont have sleep bcs i need to tweak much to find out the solution. now i dont have time for this :)

notbad, Jan 24, 2011
  6. itpfreak

sansun

great :)
    now on my aspire d150 runs mac os x 10.6.6 , ubuntu 10.10 and windows 7 with all updates.
    everything works perfect but hibernation under mac os x.

sansun, Feb 13, 2011
Ask a Question