d250 fidohub touchscreen

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by wickedhawk, Jul 23, 2009.

1. wickedhawk

wickedhawk

i have a touchscreen kit that i managed to install for the d250 from fidohub. the only issue im having is the touch screen calibration. its way off no matter what i do. if i use the stylus and place on the center of the screen it shows up on the lower left hand. it also seems to skip
    has any one had any luck in getting one working ?

wickedhawk, Jul 23, 2009
  2. wickedhawk

jerryt

Are you completing the touchsceen calibration utility?

Remember during calibration you have to hold contact with the screen at the location of the flashing X until it stops flashing.

jerryt, Jul 23, 2009
  3. wickedhawk

AOD150BLACK

I just finished installing the fidohub kit, and am testing now. Works great so far with the standard XP install, will be testing with Windows7 later.

Sounds like you may have screwed back in the lcd screen cover a bit too tight on one of the screws. Or there could be something else binding it somewhere along an edge. I have just a miniscule gap along the top edge, and the side egdes near the bottom. I'm not sure I want to try to close those gaps, they are tiny and much prefereable to possibly cracking this fun little touch screen!

AOD150BLACK, Jul 24, 2009
  4. wickedhawk

wickedhawk

nothing has been screwed down or taped in place just to trouble shoot before everything goes back in its case.

are you using the d250 or d150?

wickedhawk, Jul 24, 2009
  5. wickedhawk

AOD150BLACK

D150

AOD150BLACK, Jul 25, 2009
  6. wickedhawk

jerryt

jerryt, Jul 26, 2009
  7. wickedhawk

bruss01

Hey guys, sorry for the necro-thread, but I recently got the 10.1 touchscreen kit... Now that I have the netbook all disassembled, I'm having trouble finding somewhere to fit the little controller board. Now I am noticing the kit is for a d150, and my acer aspire one is a d250. I didn't think there would be much difference between the two models, but apparently there is just enough to make this difficult...

What now? Can I make this work somehow (the fidonethub kit) or am I SOL?

bruss01, Feb 19, 2011
  8. wickedhawk

AOD150BLACK

On the D150, you place it under the RAM module. So when you have the unit upside down and remove the cover over the RAM stick, you see it. The wires then run to the other side of the motherboard on either end of the RAM stick. The USB wire from the camera goes to one side, and the touchscreen wires go to the other side.

Not certain about the D250 model you have, but I think most of the models are pretty similar.

AOD150BLACK, Feb 20, 2011
Ask a Question