D250 and waking from sleep and hibernation

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by nedlyj, Jul 6, 2009.

1. nedlyj

nedlyj

This really isn't a 'problem" as much as an observation - of course if people are seeing other behavior or want to chime in ono this, please feel free to comment.

I have noticed that on waking from hibernation, many times (but not always) the D250 will display the "resuming" screen, but then will "open" to a black screen which then requires hitting the Enter key (or any key I guess) to get the screen to turn on. Odd behavior but at least it's not locking up or anything, just seems to be powering the monitor off on the resume.

With that said, I have noticed two times when coming out of either this, or standby (I don't remember which state it was in) it opened to the background image that's there behind the User login icons, but there were no login icons. No key presses would change this (Enter, ESC, etc.). The first time it happened, I forcefully powered off (held the power key for 5 seconds). The second time I thought to try pressing CTL-ALT-DEL and the act of opening Task Manager actually then brought up the icons as well. This hasn't happened again, or enough to see if there's a pattern, but I'll watch for it.

nedlyj, Jul 6, 2009
  2. nedlyj

nedlyj

I believe I can confirm that BIOS 1.07 has fixed this issue. So far all of my tests have been successful.

I'll watch and report back if this changes.

nedlyj, Jul 10, 2009
Ask a Question