D250-1821 windows xp froze at welcome loading page

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by hellocassie, Feb 5, 2012.

1. hellocassie

hellocassie

Hi everyone, I had this issue for a few times. it happens everytime after windows update auto-downloaded and auto-installed. (I prob. should have disabled the update auto-installation, but i didn't bother....:()
    the problem is: once windows update installation completes, it asks for a restart. I restarted it, then after I entered password to log into windows, the screen just stops at the blue welcome page forever. I used to just press and hold the power button, force it to shut down. and hit F5 when the black windows window is loading. then I selected "from last known good configuration", this solution worked for a few times until recently. It just forever stops at the blue window loading page....

My OS is Windows XP Home edition SP3.
    I'm not expert on computer, can someone give me a very brief guideline/steps to locate the issue? like I've heard I can check error log or smth.
    Is there some basic steps to do that will help me to narrow down the problem?

btw, did you guys get a windows CD when you bought this model? I bought it at BestBuy (Montreal, QC) in 2009. they didn't give me anything. just the box..no CD...then how do I even re-install OS on it...

Thanks so much!!
    Cassie

hellocassie, Feb 5, 2012
Ask a Question