cursor wandering

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by Guest, Sep 5, 2008.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

Just getting used to my Aspire one with XP and all is well except when using the touch pad the cursor wanders down and to the left when I am trying to hold it in one spot, as in moving the scroll bar down with the arrow. It wanders off and I have to move it over the arrow again. It's getting annoying, There must be a better cure than smashing it to bits. Help!

Guest, Sep 5, 2008
  2. Guest

hungrytiger

Exact same thing happens with mine - on XP too. Havent found any solution yet, it is a bit annoying though. If you activate the scroll function and thenhold your finger still then it doesnt do it though. This would suggest to me that its a software issue.

hungrytiger, Sep 5, 2008
  3. Guest

sbatson

Try turning off touchpad features such as tapping and scrolling. I have the Linux version, but once I did that, most of my drifting stopped. I think my fingers were touching the pad while typing, or I was just too darned close.

Steve

sbatson, Sep 5, 2008
Ask a Question