CPU usage problem.

Discussion in 'Laptop Hardware' started by Akwhite21, May 27, 2010.

1. Akwhite21

Akwhite21

Whats up guys. i have a red Acer Apsire One net book D250.

We have 3 in the house. but mine has its issues. the CPU usage is at 100% all day everyday and never gets any lower then 90% sometimes.
    im not new to computers. so there is no process are task running that is not needed. only the required windows services. and windows explorer task. i can be running nothing at all. and at what seems idle. and its still at 100% CPU usage. anyone had this same problem? any suggestions would be great! thanks!

Alex

Akwhite21, May 27, 2010
  2. Akwhite21

Akwhite21

BTW the CPU is nice and cool never leaves 30c mark

Akwhite21, May 27, 2010
  3. Akwhite21

Akwhite21

Anyone? :roll:

Akwhite21, May 27, 2010
  4. Akwhite21

Forone

I'm running XP so I googled "xp cpu 100%" and got such a variety of possible things it really depends on what you're running, what you've installed, and what settings you might have made or changed. Sounds like you've got other machines running well to compare settings with. I'd suggest installing "Prio" which provides more information about running processes and services on the Task Manager, check the Device Manager for problems or alerts, and "System Information for Windows" (SIW) which is better than the native Windows application:

Prio http://prio.en.softonic.com/

SIW http://www.gtopala.com/

Forone, May 28, 2010
Ask a Question