CPU Fan Dimensions?

Discussion in 'Laptop Hardware' started by v8n3t, Feb 13, 2009.

1. v8n3t

v8n3t

Hello all,
    I was wondering if anyone knew the dimensions on the internal CPU fan? I want to replace mine with a faster one. No, I am not concerned with the Batter consumption loss.
    I should have took the dimensions when I had mine apart and upgraded the ram, and applied AS5 on my cpu/chipset.
    Thank you all in advanced.
    V/R
    Robert

v8n3t, Feb 13, 2009
  2. v8n3t

ronime

The factory fan is a custom design specifically made for the AA1 by Sunon.

I suspect that the best fit aftermarket fan would be an off the shelf Sunon 45mm x 45mm x 7mm blower fan, but some modification/fabrication would be required.

These were apparently available in 3 different speed/CFM rates but no longer appear to be mentioned in the current Sunon catalogue. Sunon part numbers are/were:

GB0545ADV1-8
    GB0545ADV2-8
    GB0545ADV3-8

http://www.ronime.com/documents/Sunon_D ... r_Fans.pdf

ronime, Feb 13, 2009
  3. v8n3t

willfly4$

has anyone replaced their fan yet? mine is now making noise and i dont have the time to send it in, i would like to find out if the fans are actually going bad or if we could just do some maintenance on them such as oil the plain bearing or whatever it has.

willfly4$, May 18, 2009
  4. v8n3t

Brian10161

My fan is making a lot of noise now, I don't really care either. If it fails, I'll know because I won't hear the noise anymore. I am interested in getting a replacement for when it does fail though.

Brian10161, May 18, 2009
Ask a Question