Corrupt Filesystem Errors? Anyone else? (Solved)

Discussion in 'Windows' started by jeremysdad, Jan 21, 2009.

1. jeremysdad

jeremysdad

I keep getting these corrupt file system errors when I try to run certain programs, like Advanced System Care. This is my second install. My first install, it (Win 7) wouldn't update, activate, or anything for the same reason.

I have run ChkDsk like twenty times, and it comes up clean. It (ChkDsk) always tries to run when I boot into Win 7. If I boot into XP, it does not do it.

Other than that bug, the OS seems to work very well. Anyone else notice alot of 100% CPU usage? Or is it just me?

I have also run HDTune, and it detected no errors. SeaGate SeaTools produces the same clean bill of health. I am at a loss as to what the issue may be. I am about to run the repair console, just wanted to throw this out, as I didn't see any other mentions of the issue.

Edit: Avira reports no issues, as well.

jeremysdad, Jan 21, 2009
  2. jeremysdad

eti

Re: Corrupt Filesystem Errors? Anyone else?

i own the ssd version, but i get no filesystem errors on THIS drive.
    my 16gb sd card, has every two or three days a filesystem error(i am neither able to create files nor to copy or cut), then i run the windows tool to check for errors and everything is fine again :)
    the sd card is formatted with exfat.

eti, Jan 21, 2009
  3. jeremysdad

jeremysdad

The Solution was...

Apparently, the ChkDsk function has some issues all of its own. This evening when I got home and booted up XP to do some school work, it informed me that my Win 7 partition needed to be checked. So, I let it run its dskchk, and when I booted into W7 just a few minutes ago, the error is gone...time to send an error report, I guess. Wonder why they would change anything regarding such a basic function/repair tool?

Anyway, it's fixed, and I am happy. Thanks again, ya'll. :)

jeremysdad, Jan 22, 2009
Ask a Question