Confusing specs

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by tolique, Nov 4, 2008.

1. tolique

tolique

I want to buy my own AA1, but in Romanian online shops there are some confusing specs. So let me do a round up on what I can find on these shops:

1. A110-Ab Atom N270
    and
    2. A150-Ab Atom N270
    and
    3. A150-Bw Celeron with Windows XP

I don't want to pay for the Windows edition so it goes out of the question, but is there really any AA1 with Celerons?
    The first has 512MB of Ram and a SSD of 8GB and the second one has 1024MB of Ram and a ??? 120GB and a 5 in 1 card reader.
    So the 120 GB HDD is a classic HDD? If that is the case anyone know what type of interface does it use? PATA/SATA

I would like to buy the model with bigger space because I would like to use this as my main computer for browsing, blogging and entertainment (movies and mp3s'). I'll be needing a lot of space if I'm going to use this on a daily basis, but I also would like your recommendation.
    Is it better to buy SSD edition, is it faster or has other advantages besides the fact that it doesn't have any moving parts?
    And can I use big capacity SDHCs with the AA1?

Thanks in advance for anyone that will reply and give me advices. :D

tolique, Nov 4, 2008
  2. tolique

nmesisca

- to my knowledge there isnt an AAO with celeron.. but I could be wrong..

- the 120GB is a standard hard drive, with SATA interface, but BIOS sets it as working in compatibility (PATA) mode.

- adavantage of SSD is better battery consumption, however you will sacrifice a bit of perfomance for that (reading is fine, writing is slow), and to be honest, at least for me,its not a good option. the space is too limited and the benefits are still not enough for me.

- with SDHC you should be able to use up to 16GB cards, but I suggest you search this forum for specific models to avoid buying the one that does not work (Murphy's law rules).

hope this helps,
    N

nmesisca, Nov 4, 2008
  3. tolique

tolique

Of course it does, thanks.

So I'll go with the 120GB version and maybe I'll find a 9pack battery or at least a 6pack. Though I doubt it... :lol:
    I just can't wait until the 15th when I'll get paid. :geek:

tolique, Nov 4, 2008
  4. tolique

nmesisca

why not getting the 6cell battery model in the first place? you will save some money and avoid the hassle of actually find the 6cell battery.. which at the moment doesnt sound too likely (at a fair price).

nmesisca, Nov 4, 2008
  5. tolique

tolique

I would buy a 6cell battery, but I can't find any on any store. I'll just wait for awhile and see what comes up.

tolique, Nov 4, 2008
Ask a Question