Common problems with HP laptops?

Discussion in 'HP / Compaq' started by Lun, Jun 21, 2015.

1. Lun

Corzhens

Hmm, it seems that I have no issues with my HP which is more than 2 years with me already. Maybe it is because it is for my exclusive use and I am careful when it comes to things particularly personal items. The only feedback I can give about my laptop is the weakening battery. From the promised 9 hours of battery life, it seems that it is down to 5 - 7 hours so I always have it plugged to an electrical socket whenever possible.

Corzhens, Mar 18, 2016
  2. Lun

nytegeek

The shelf life of a lithium battery is 3 to 5 years from the date the battery was manufactured. I don't know how old the battery was when you purchased the laptop, but it may have been on the shelf for a good while. This goes for any lithium battery for any device. 5 years is usually the outside end of life for one.

nytegeek, Mar 19, 2016
  3. Lun

rz3300

In my experience I have not really come across one brand that has a tendency to have a problem with specific parts of their machines. I have owned quite a bit of different types too from a lot of different brands thanks to my work, and there might be a couple that are escaping me but nothing really comes to mind. That said, it is always best to do your research into any issues that others might have had with the computer you are looking at.

rz3300, Mar 19, 2016
  4. Lun

avery gee

Hello
    I am new to this forum and also this post. I see the question is quite old so I imagine you have already received a sufficient solution to your issue. However, I just had to chime in!
    I am a die-hard HP fan! I am on my third HP if I'm not mistaken. I love HPs and I basically have no problems with them that I don't create myself. I'm the person that will get bored and start tinkering with stuff under the hood as well as the system itself. I changed the glass in my HP Pavillion probably just for the heck of it. My g72 was cutting off so I took it apart and cleaned my fan. It now works, but I never put all the screws back in so the keyboard is up in the air.
    I now have the Envy. I couldn't t have the other one messing up and I was in the middle of some important class work. I do have a problem that I need help with, but I don't think this is the place. I will look around on this forum and find the right location.

avery gee, May 25, 2016
Ask a Question