CMOS Settings Need Updating Constantly

Discussion in 'Laptop Hardware' started by Raldo75, Dec 5, 2014.

1. Raldo75

Raldo75

Good afternoon everyone. My apologies if this is in the wrong section or has been asked before. I have searched the forums but cannot find anything relevant. I have recently bought a second hand Elonex M3000nP Notebook. Every time I turn it on it needs the CMOS settings updating. Could this be a CMOS battery problem that replacing the battery will solve or is it a sign of a bigger problem. If it is the CMOS battery does anyone know where it is located and how to replace it. I used to own an ACER where the CMOS was located beneath a panel on the base of the laptop. However this was about 10 years ago and as I have looked beneath the panels on here and there is no CMOS battery visible I am stuck.
    Many Thanks in advance for any help you can provide

Raldo75, Dec 5, 2014
  2. Raldo75

something back

Yes it will be the cmos battery causing the problem, can not find service manual on internet.

something back, Dec 8, 2014
  3. Raldo75

Raldo75

Thanks for the reply. I have been struggling to find a manual online too. I have given it to a friend to sort now, as I couldnt find any info. Thanks for the reply

Raldo75, Dec 9, 2014
  4. Raldo75

Brian8gbSSDLinux

Not all CMOS batteries are Coin shaped... some are actually Capacitors packaged with a two pin lead (and connector) and may be taped or clipped to the framework or Mobo, somewhere.

It would be nice to find out what your Friend found... and where he got the replacement from... just in case someone else buys an Elonix Notebook...

Just sayin'....

Brian8gbSSDLinux, Dec 17, 2014
  5. Raldo75

Raldo75

Hi. Not long received my laptop back from a friend and he has been unable to solve as yet due to it not being a coin shaped CMOS as you point out Brian!!!! It is a 2 pin package and we are trying to source one

Raldo75, Dec 17, 2014
  6. Raldo75

something back

something back, Dec 17, 2014
Ask a Question