Clock counting way too fast...

Discussion in 'MacOS' started by zakfontaine, Nov 11, 2008.

1. zakfontaine

zakfontaine

This is a very strange problem. My clock is counting the at about 3x normal speed. Has anyone else experienced this issue? I might have to take my chances at removing the wireless card and sending it back to acer.

zakfontaine, Nov 11, 2008
  2. zakfontaine

Jazzle

Is that only under OS X?
    I don't know how the clock is being calculated, but try pressing f8 at boot and type FSB=133

Jazzle, Nov 11, 2008
  3. zakfontaine

annafil

that's a strange problem, it could be hackinstosh related, but it could also be motherboard related.. have you flashed the BIOS before on the machine? When i downgraded my bios, it screwed with my internal clock too (albeit on linux) - error msg kept saying it wasn't able to read it properly. hopefully it's not as serious :)

annafil, Nov 11, 2008
  4. zakfontaine

zakfontaine

yes I did flash the bios with version 3304 when I got the bricking symptoms. That was at least a month ago and the problem just started yesterday. I'm going to try your boot suggestion, and update to the latest bios. I timed it and one minute "mac time" is 37 seconds real time. I'm going to test on windows later too.

zakfontaine, Nov 11, 2008
  5. zakfontaine

annafil

i'd try it with a live system of some sort or if you have windows on another partition then with that... only way to really tell if its software or hardware

annafil, Nov 11, 2008
  6. zakfontaine

zakfontaine

Ok, well I figured out what was causing it. A few weeks ago, I installed the voodoo beta kernel. That was causing the issue. I reverted back to the default 9.2.0 kernel included in the iAtkos V4i install and everything is fine. It must've been messed up since then and I just didn't notice. Weird.

zakfontaine, Nov 12, 2008
Ask a Question