Cleaning up files from failed installs

Discussion in 'Linux' started by santobugito, Sep 9, 2008.

1. santobugito

santobugito

I tried to install the Vodafone 3G dongle drivers, but they failed and now 100mb of disk space has disappeared from my drive.

2 questions

When you click open file from download dialog in firefox, where does it save it to, as it does go to downloads.

How do I clean up the old install files from my machine to reclaim the space, I've looked in /tmp/, but it doesn't seem to be there.

Cheers

Sean

santobugito, Sep 9, 2008
  2. santobugito

FireSoul

open terminal and type

sudo yum clean all

thats what i know :)

FireSoul, Sep 9, 2008
  3. santobugito

Andysan

I too am interested in this, but am concerned as to what this command actually does. It's bad practice to run stuff without fully understanding its consequences, so can anyone it explain to me please? I had a quick Google but came up empty hadned.

Thanks! :)

Andysan, Sep 9, 2008
  4. santobugito

obliviousme

I use CCleaner to remove junk files and broken registry files and whatnot. It does the job so well and it's also a popular program known as computer maintenance tools.

obliviousme, Jul 19, 2016
  5. santobugito

something back

TRY WISE UNINSTALLER

something back, Jul 21, 2016
  6. santobugito

hades_leae

You need to go into your control panel and locate the programs setting. In there you will find a list of all the programs that have been installed since you got the computer.

You will find dates, and just because you see some stuff that you don't know about doesn't mean uninstall it. You might brick your computer uninstalling or deleting files that you don't know belong to the system.

There are several things that you can do to clean your computer, you just need to know what you're doing to get it done safely.

hades_leae, Jul 25, 2016
Ask a Question