ChkDsk "Volume is clean"

Discussion in 'Windows' started by GearZ, Feb 21, 2016.

1. GearZ

GearZ

Well, it has been a long while since I ran a chkdsk on one of my Windows 7 machines. There are not real issues to speak of, but it has been an eternity since I've checked it via the aforementioned scan. So I scheduled one before going to bed, it booted, flashed the chkdsk screen for a moment with a final note of "Volume is clean" and proceeded to boot into Windows. To the best of my recollection, I have never seen this behavior.

Anyway, I googled it, and the results ranged from, basically, "everything is A-OK, don't worry" to the "machine is toast". Anyone know what that message really means? Any steps I should take now?

Thanks all.

GearZ, Feb 21, 2016
  2. GearZ

IBMPC8088

Yes, it just means that there are no errors on the file system, lost fragments, or any other issues to worry about on the drive with that volume. You're good to go! :)

IBMPC8088, Feb 21, 2016
  3. GearZ

GearZ

Awesome. Thanks IBMPC8088. It worked so fast, I was surprised to see that message.

GearZ, Feb 21, 2016
Ask a Question