Carry Bags, Cases, and Sleeves

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by JaegerWulf, Sep 19, 2008.

1. JaegerWulf

onlineaddy

That Case Logic E-Sling Bag in medium sure is a perfect size for the 6-cell AA1. But, dang, $60! :!:

onlineaddy, Oct 9, 2008
  2. JaegerWulf

ef1975

ef1975, Oct 9, 2008
  3. JaegerWulf

Oberkanone

Best Buy has the E-sling in stock at many of it's stores. I think I'll check it out there and if I like it I'll order it online.
    Buy.com has medium E-sling for $45 with shipping included.

I don't know if the E-sling is overpriced as I have yet to get my hands on any case that I like.

Keep sharing the case ideas, this forum is great!

Oberkanone, Oct 10, 2008
  4. JaegerWulf

ef1975

I actually saw the bags(medium and large) at Best Buy yesterday. They had the bags in the "media storage" area of the store where the cd and dvd wallets are, not in the computers area where you would expect. The tag on each of the bags did indicate that they were geared toward UMPCs.

ef1975, Oct 10, 2008
  5. JaegerWulf

yellowdog

I picked up an Eagle Creek Guide Pro Pro from REI. It ain't cheap, but it fits the A1 perfectly and has plenty of room for the AC adaptor, travel mouse, and my 3G USB card. See http://www.rei.com/product/773427

Also, if anyone wants a nice little bag just for carrying the AC adaptor, mouse, etc., look at the Eagle Creek padded quarter cube. Its not at REI but is carried elsewhere.

yellowdog, Oct 10, 2008
  6. JaegerWulf

GvidoR

GvidoR, Oct 13, 2008
  7. JaegerWulf

myet01

myet01, Oct 13, 2008
  8. JaegerWulf

TTgowings

I just happen to have picked up that sleeve from DealExtreme, I got the 2 listed the larger one fits a bit loose but the smaller one fits somewhat tight, if you were to stretch it a bit it fits like a glove..

I also picked up a Case Logic DCR10 (10.2"Portable DVD case) for transport I got it at a local store on sale for $2.49 US and I couldn't be happier, with the AAO in the sleeve it fits great and has more then enough room for all your acc.

TTgowings, Oct 13, 2008
  9. JaegerWulf

Spyder

I was thinking of upgrading my old tired book bag to this:

http://www.amazon.com/SwissGear-Compute ... 3KD14V6XUQ

I'm pretty sure it's the smallest size they have and it'll have more than enough room for my AAO, external HD, all my flash drives, AC adapter, and all the other crap I stick in my bookbag now.

Spyder, Oct 14, 2008
  10. JaegerWulf

jimnav

Just purchased the Zeroshock III for my 6 - Cell AA1. Heres hoping it fits, cheers for the heads up! Looks like a very nice case

jimnav, Oct 14, 2008
  11. JaegerWulf

Antig

The 10.4 Zeroshock does NOT fit the 6-cell. I just got it in the mail today and you will either have to jam it in there very tightly and somehow manage to zip it up without breaking the zippers. If you try to zip it up all the way, you can see that the seams are stretching too much and will eventually rip. The only way for it to fit is if you don't zip up the zipper fully...or take off the battery

I'm returning mine. Better to have some extra space then ridiculously tight.

Antig, Oct 15, 2008
  12. JaegerWulf

Fallenrider

My zeroshock 10.4" arrived the other day and it's a tight fit with the default 3cell battery (more on the width than the depth).
    So yeah a 6 cell is probably going to be a bit too tight for regular use with that case.

That said for the 3cell it is great, holds the case nice and firm and doesn't stretch the seams. It does make the front puch a bit useless though as it you'll only be able to fit very flat items in it (memcards, etc).
    But I'm still very happy with it.

Fallenrider, Oct 15, 2008
  13. JaegerWulf

hemmohohto

I'm looking for an slightly larger, about 12" or 13" "traditional" looking laptop bags.
    Something like this:
    [​IMG]

Any suggestions?

hemmohohto, Oct 15, 2008
  14. JaegerWulf

Oberkanone

E-Sling Medium

Received the E-Sling Medium from Buy.com and am satisfied with the purchase.
    There is more than enough room for the One with 6 cell in the inside compartment, room for the power cord and brick in outside pocket, room for mouse and other misc. in the accessory compartment.
    Two opportunities for improvement,
    1. Add a discrete handle on the bag instead of integrating handle into the shoulder strap.
    2. Reduce price. $29.99 would be a fair price IMO.

Oberkanone, Oct 16, 2008
  15. JaegerWulf

URBANRACER

this one is the one i found for my AAO
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

URBANRACER, Oct 17, 2008
  16. JaegerWulf

HaTaX

I'm looking into finding something like this:

http://stores.agmdealtime.com/-strse-11 ... Detail.bok

I'd be happy to deal with the extra 5lbs when transporting it around in the car and the metal with foam would be sure to protect it well. Has anyone found a small aluminum gun case that's a great fit without being too thick? This is what I've found for the Acer One dimensions, 249 x 170 x 29mm (9.8 x 6.7 x 1.14 inches), so the case above would fit nicely.

HaTaX, Oct 18, 2008
  17. JaegerWulf

tkblazer

i received my t-pack yesterday and it only took one day which was nice.. it fits the one pretty well and has room for a six cell if i ever end up getting one.

tkblazer, Oct 18, 2008
  18. JaegerWulf

TTgowings

As I mentioned earlier I ordered 2 different sleeve's from DealExtreme, one fits a bit loose and the other somewhat tighter.

I've uploaded pics of the smaller one and will try to get up some on the larger one soon. I also took a pic of the carry case I picked up you can see all of them here

Edit:

The lap desk pictured I got in-store at Barnes & Noble, I don't see that they have it listed on their site anymore (though you may want to check your local store) but here's a link to the same one on Amazon.

TTgowings, Oct 19, 2008
  19. JaegerWulf

ranom

For the deal extreme 10" EEE Pc one, does it fit loose with the 3 cell or 6 cell battery? I ordered that one based on the measurements which were actually slightly smaller than the reported measurements of the One.

ranom, Oct 20, 2008
  20. JaegerWulf

TTgowings

Abit loose with the 3 cell battery..

TTgowings, Oct 20, 2008
Ask a Question