Can't Boot Laptop Normally

Discussion in 'Windows' started by Chaffeeman5355, Mar 4, 2014.

1. Chaffeeman5355

Chaffeeman5355

Re: Samsung NP365E5C-S05US laptop. I attempted to do a restore with the isntructions provided within the computer, I was greeted with a Recovery screen saying; A required device isn't connected or can't be accessed or a required device isn't connected or can't be accessed. Error code: Oxc0000185. The rest of it basically tells me that if I don't have the recovery media to contact the manufacturer. I did contact them and reasoned to get a Recovery disk. Before I got the disc, I couldn't access the unit at all and when I put the disc in, it didn't work. Here is how I got it to work: At the bottom of the recovery screen, there are three options; Press enter to try again, Press F8 for Startup Settings, and Press Esc for UEFI Firmware Setting. The first two take me back to the recovery screen and the third takes me to the UEFI (BIOS). After spending a lot of time jumping around I finally hit on a way to access the computer; I go to the UEFI (BIOS) and under the EXIT tab, I scroll down to Windows Boot Manager (PO: Hitachi HTS547550A93384) and enter and I get the desktop with the scene, time and date and hit enter and then the sign-in screen and sign-in and I'm there. It's not the right way.

Chaffeeman5355, Mar 4, 2014
  2. Chaffeeman5355

something back

Hi

I am not sure if you have posted an answer to a problem or are requiring one.IF I UNDERSTAND,in the bios screen there should be a "boot"
    type section that you can alter that would enable you to alter the boot sequence and enable a boot from cd/dvd.

something back, Mar 7, 2014
  3. Chaffeeman5355

Chaffeeman5355

something back. Thank you for your reply. It is a problem. Here is the sequence that I must use to boot the Laptop. I turn the unit on and soon, I am looking at that Recovery page and then I hit the Esc key and that takes me to the Aptio Setup Utility (BIOS). On that page, there are 5 tabs, SysInfo, Advanced, Security, Boot, and Exit. I then go over to the Exit tab scroll down to the Windows Boot Manager hit enter and I get the welcome page. I then hit enter and I get the sign-in screen, sign in, and I get the desktop.

Chaffeeman5355, Mar 7, 2014
  4. Chaffeeman5355

something back

You will need someone with a more Samsung based knowledge never owned one, see most bios settings can be similar.

I have know doubt another member will help.

5. Chaffeeman5355

Chaffeeman5355

I am inclined to agree with you. Unfortunately, Samsung is no help either. Their Techs are not as knowledgeable as one would expect. They have a protocol that takes them so far and then they will send you to rhe repair department especially if your unit is out of warranty. The repair center won't answer e-mails and you have to leave your name and number if you call. I did, almost 2 weeks ago. So, I suspect that they hope you go away. Thanks for your help.

Chaffeeman5355, Mar 7, 2014
  6. Chaffeeman5355

something back

Had a little time so I looked at the windows 8 manual ON THE SAMSUNG SITE LISTED HERE.

PAGE 95 LISTS THE BIOS BOOT MENU INSTRUCTIONS.

http://www.samsung.com/us/support/owners/product/NP365E5C-S01US#content2

Although it required a little less reading than war and peace, it should answer your question.

If you choose the order of booting cd/dvd drive first, then the harddrive.

If no cd/dvd is in the drive then it will default to the harddrive and boot normally.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2014
  7. Chaffeeman5355

OhioTom76

Is your hard drive possibly partitioned into multiple drives? Many computer manufacturers do this these days - they will partition the drive into two, and place all your backup and restore files on the second partition. It's generally an image if your hard drive if you ever wanted to restore your computer back to it's factory settings.

If so, I'm wondering if perhaps you accidentally somehow configured your computer to try and boot from the backup partition, which may be causing some of the problems.

OhioTom76, Mar 9, 2014
  8. Chaffeeman5355

Vulcan219

Hello,
    Chaffeeman5355, I am working on the same laptop for a friend, and I have found that soon as you boot your laptop, start pressing the F10 key, it will send you to a boot order screen where you can choose your hard drive only if you have the secure boot disabled, you may have to also set your other setting to uefi legacy too, I haven't checked that one out yet, and if you have windows 7 installed you may want to try these links to get the drivers you need, the only driver I haven't been able to get is the one for the webcam.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Dhz2JlmNLo2zOc8Z4beyHg6PoNOG7miVwy3UldqP3yc/edit?pli=1

http://www.downloadlaptopdrivers.net/2013/10/samsung-np365e5c-drivers-for-windows-7.html

http://www.odrivers.com/2012/10/samsung-np355v4c-drivers-win7.html

here is one for a different laptop from samsung but some of the drivers work on this laptop.

http://www.samsung.com/us/support/owners/product/NP305V5A-A04US

I hope this info helps you in the future. Now all I have to find is the drivers for the webcam.

Vulcan

Vulcan219, Jan 22, 2015
Ask a Question