Can't access my recovery disk OR run a recovery USB

Discussion in 'Windows' started by abreisj, Oct 18, 2008.

1. abreisj

abreisj

Please help me!!

I have crewed my Aspire One really up! I had some problems with my Xp and after several different ways to try to solve this (that includes running eRecovery in XP) I removed my partition C using Partition Magic. I hoped that my Aspire would boot from recovery partition. But no... I have tried to use ALT+F10 but no.. I have been reading and trying different ways from this forum and another forums on Internet, but no. I have received 2 discs from ACER with my originally XP. But now I have a problem to make it bookable with my USB disk. I have tried with a another XP. The installation starts then, but It can't find my HD. Is this a HW problem?

abreisj, Oct 18, 2008
  2. abreisj

Kartikay

I think I had the same sort of problem. I tried to install some form of linux and I could not get any operating system to boot from the EXT CD drive when I decided to change OS. I tried reinstalling everything from Linpus to Windows and it would not even let the OS installer to get near partitioning.

I ultimately had to wipe the drive formatting it as FAT32 using The Ultimate Boot CD (UBCD). I forget which one I used but it was a low level format that wiped the drive clean, including the MBR. I think it was in the security section of the UBCD. That did the trick. I seems the system installers get stuck because they can't find any partitions.

Kartikay, Oct 18, 2008
Ask a Question