Cannot open folders from search function.

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by clairvaux, Aug 18, 2008.

1. clairvaux

clairvaux

I searched the forums and didn't see this question answered.

In the search bar, I type in the name of the file and select DESKTOP (instead of Internet) and hit the search icon.

It finds the file just fine. When I right-click and select OPEN FOLDER, it gives me the error:

COULD NOT OPEN FOLDER "/blabhalbh/blkahblh/blahb".
    The nautilus file manager is not running.

This is kind of frustrating. I assume that linpus uses Thunar instead of Nautilus. How do I get this to open Thunar?

clairvaux, Aug 18, 2008
  2. clairvaux

Ace_Rimmer

I'd like to find the answer to this one myself, as well as how to make it search something other than Yahoo!.

In the meantime, may I suggest that you install tracker-search-tool from the repository?

This is a powerful search tool and will enable you to open or execute a file once it has been found.

Ace_Rimmer, Aug 18, 2008
  3. clairvaux

Ace_Rimmer

Oh, yeah, Tracker will also search inside text and document files, and will find executables by function.

Try searching for "graphics" or "configuration" for example and you might find all kinds of surprising things! (The "configuration" search turned up the Multimedia Systems Selector, for example!!!)

Ace_Rimmer, Aug 18, 2008
  4. clairvaux

clairvaux

I don't think it's a good idea to install a program that indexes files on a system that uses a solid-state hard drive. Each time you read/write to it, you are shortening its life-span.

That is, unless you have a good counter-argument :geek:

clairvaux, Aug 21, 2008
  5. clairvaux

Ace_Rimmer

Thanks, I had not thought of this issue. I may uninstall it.

Ace_Rimmer, Aug 21, 2008
Ask a Question