Cannot install Ubuntu in ASUS Vivobook s14

Discussion in 'Linux' started by wally1002, Nov 3, 2020.

1. wally1002

wally1002

Laptop Specs - Vivobook s14 430FN, i7-8th gen, 8gb RAM, Nvidia mx150, 256gb SSD + 1TB HDD.
    I'm unable to dual boot my laptop with ubuntu, The bootable Pendrive does not show up in the boot menu, contacting the Asus support they say that laptop is not compatible with another os except Windows10. I'm ready to remove Windows and install ubuntu but dual boot is my first priority. I disabled Secure Boot, Fast BOOT, intel rst. I couldn't find any solutions for this
    Here's link to my query on askubuntu forum
    MSinfo.png Rufus_MBR.png

wally1002, Nov 3, 2020
  2. wally1002

ChipsID

Boot to BIOS. Turn device off, hold f2, don't let it go and press power button. Just don't let go of f2. it will show logo and u will be in BIOS. Don't know witch u have does not really matter, navigate into advanced mode (f7), there look four VIRTUALISATION(something like that) under CPU, hope you have it and ENABLE it.

its what allows the virtual bocks to run. Downloading it like it is in the instructions does not work your device needs to be able to run it.

ChipsID, Mar 21, 2021
Ask a Question