cannot connect wirelessly

Discussion in 'Linux' started by cocker, Jan 27, 2009.

1. cocker

cocker

i have acer aspre one with linus trying to connect wirelessly it finds my network no bother but when trying to connect it says connection disconnected please help this is foreign to me

cocker, Jan 27, 2009
  2. cocker

daldred

Linus will be cross if you're trying to connect him to things. The operating system he started (Linux) is more tolerant :)

First thing here is to check your router security. The networks which I can find but which then abruptly disconnect me are ones with a MAC filter in place, which is rejecting my MAC - and the same behaviour happens under Windows and MacOS, so it's not a Linux issue.

I can't tell you how to get into your router settings and check them as that will vary from router to router - so unless you happen to have a Linksys WRT54G running the Hyperwrt firmware replacement, how I get to the settings won't help you!

daldred, Jan 27, 2009
  3. cocker

woodland

Excuse me for being totally off topic but i was ROFL when reading this:
    cocker please don't be offended. If you knew about all the ICT mistakes i've made... but i'd rather not tell you about those in public :oops:

woodland, Jan 27, 2009
Ask a Question