Can I use my OSX DVD on my AA1?

Discussion in 'MacOS' started by aceRkev, Aug 10, 2009.

1. aceRkev

aceRkev

Hi Everyone,

First of all would like to say thanks for such an amazing site. I have so far upgraded the RAM to 1.5 and I plan to install the WD Scorpio 320 GB HDD. An extended battery is on it's way from Hong Kong and Lapjacks are printing my Free Software Foundation GNU and Ubuntu Logo as I type! Next up is the touch screen..

Anyway!

I have a Macbook Pro, it is beautiful. It is also a little heavy and I am scared of breaking it or scratching it, so would like to get OSX on my AA1. Do you know if it would be possible (LEGAL) to use my existing OSX DVD's on the AA1? would both machines be able to update without it blocking on of them? Obviously I wont be using both at the same time... so the single user licence wouldn't be breached as I am only one person? :)

Please let me know what you think or if you have tried this before with/without success. Do not want to buy another copy if I can avoid it...

Thank you

aceRkev, Aug 10, 2009
  2. aceRkev

rory

Theres no way they can check if youre using the same dvd on however mmany computers, because unlike windows there are no product keys. Also, the discs with the MBP are restore discs which cannot be used to install os x on a hackintosh. It would also involve making a boot 132 usb/disc so all in all I would say no it's not possible.
    But legal. well thats super complicated but if it is then all hacks are so whatever you do to get os x on the aao will be.

rory, Aug 10, 2009
  3. aceRkev

aceRkev

OK many thanks! will not use the original DVD and will follow the steps on here... (wish me luck!) :)

aceRkev, Aug 10, 2009
Ask a Question