can I make it go faster

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by arcie31, Jun 23, 2009.

1. arcie31

arcie31

My god this forum is enormouse< no idea where to start. I have had a good hunt but cannot find what I am loking for. Please redirect me if it has been answered.
    Is there anway I can make my Asus go faster. I know it wont be as fast as my works PC but it just seems slowish processing things.
    Cheers
    arcie31

arcie31, Jun 23, 2009
  2. arcie31

Tamrac

You can try the ASUS forum, hehehe. This is an Acer Aspire One forum. ;)

But if you do have an AAO, then go to the respective OS sections,usually the speed tweak threads are sticky threads. :)

Tamrac, Jun 23, 2009
  3. arcie31

arcie31

Oops...WHere did I get Asus from. :?:
    It is an AAO.

arcie31, Jun 25, 2009
  4. arcie31

ramon2000

arcie31,

What version do you have?

SSD/HD?
    Linux/Windows?

ramon2000, Jun 25, 2009
  5. arcie31

arcie31

it came with windows XP
    and I believe its 16Gb hard drive with 1gig Ram. Bought it about 2 months ago.
    It just seems so slo compared to my laptop and thats 5 yrs old.
    it boots up quick enough but when you go to open (for example) my photos it takes ages to process and
    then ages again when you want to open a folder. There is next to nothing on it but when I went to check on the processing side I only have about 60% space...where's it all gone.
    I thought I would return the system to its last best known save point but it wont let me un tick the box.
    I get the feeling these arn't as great as people make out

arcie31, Jun 26, 2009
  6. arcie31

Tamrac

Its because of the slow SSD on the Acer Aspire One. The Hard drive models are alot faster... but you can do some SSD optimizations. Do a search in this forum for "Optimizing SSD for XP" since there are dozens of threads about that already. Then also install FLASHPOINT SSD accelerator, it's also somwhere in the forum. Use the search function for it as well. Cheers. ;)

Tamrac, Jun 27, 2009
Ask a Question