c: and d: drive with 8gb+8gb SDD model (A110)

Discussion in 'Storage' started by 4x15mph, Feb 11, 2009.

1. 4x15mph

4x15mph

I have a new aspire one with the 8gb SDHC and 8Gb SDD expansion card.

I called support to review the configuration since i had a concern that my C: drive is limited to 8gb.

They told me that my C: drive should automatically merge with the expansion 8gb card and show a total size of 8gb. I am not sure this is true...

Does anyone have an 8gb+8gb model? In explorer, do you show having 2 drive of 8gb each or does your device show as 16gb and 1 drive only?

They are telling me I should send the computer in or try to use the recovery CD. This sounds totally incorrect

Thanks for any help

Win XP
    A110-1558
    8gb + 8gb model
    1.6 ghz N270

4x15mph, Feb 11, 2009
  2. 4x15mph

ronime

I suspect that the file system consolidation feature that they are referring to is a function of the Thunar file manager in Linpus versions of the AA1.

In Windows, if your C: drive is formatted as NTFS then it may be possible to mount your SD card as a directory in the filesystem on C:, rather than as a separate drive letter (D:).

Programs|Administrative Tools|Computer Management|Disk Management|D:|Change Drive Letters and Paths|Remove|D:|Change Drive Letters and Paths|Add|Mount in empty NTFS folder

In my experience, NTFS is v-e-r-y s-l-o-w on the 8GB SSD.

ronime, Feb 11, 2009
  3. 4x15mph

4x15mph

Yes, I use FAT32 for both drives and the speed is fine at this point.

I really think that what he said is incorrect about the drives appearing as a consolidated, 16gb. Anyone else have any input? Thank you

4x15mph, Feb 11, 2009
  4. 4x15mph

keeztb

Think I have to agree with ronime. I also got the 8+8 SDHC combo and it shows up as an extra drive. I think that the "merging" of the two only occurs in Linpus (that was what happened with mine anyway).

How to get them combined under XP... no clue sorry.

keeztb, Feb 11, 2009
Ask a Question