Buying a Laptop

Discussion in 'Which Laptop should I buy?' started by Llanos, Oct 9, 2016.

1. Llanos

Llanos

I have owned an Acer Aspire laptop for 4 years, and had a lot of trouble with it. Not sure which brand is best for quality. I don't need a super fast gaming laptop - just a decent all round one would be fine. Any advice from experience would be appreciated.

Llanos, Oct 9, 2016
  2. Llanos

Vash

The brand is not the most important factor. All major brands are good enough. If you have specific need such as gaming, then you should be looking at hardware specifications. If the budget is not a problem, then go for a Core i7 and the fastest graphics card you can find, plus minimal 8GB system RAM. If the budget is limited, then go for a Core i5, 8GB RAM, and the best mobile graphics card your budget can afford.

By the way, what kind of problems did you encounter on your Acer? Unless it is hardware related, most problems could be fixed by a re-installation of the operating system.

Vash, Oct 10, 2016
  3. Llanos

Fuzyon

Brand is pretty important when you want to buy something long term, laptops from Lenovo and HP have a higher chance of breaking down in a short time due to their poor build quality while Asus and Dell have always put out quality builds. That's pretty much it, the hardware is made by the sake companies on every laptop.

Fuzyon, Oct 10, 2016
  4. Llanos

Corzhens

My laptop is HP and I never have an issue with it for more than 2 years now. That is the only reason why I am suggesting HP to you because of my experience. But I guess there are other laptops which are better in terms of performance but my concern is the problem that a laptop can give you particularly the overheating which I often read in this forum. My HP has none of that overheating problem unless maybe if I use it in the kitchen while baking something in the oven.

Corzhens, Oct 10, 2016
  5. Llanos

Llanos

When I originally bought the acer (about 4-5 years ago) I have to have it repaired (hardware) at the factory repair depot 4 times in as many months. Then it worked fine until about a months ago when it began to run very slowly. I formatted it and re-installed everything, and it worked great for a week, and crashed to the point where it wouldn't even boot to the recovery drive. I am tired of messing with it, so thought I would just buy a new one. Thanks for your reply.

Llanos, Oct 11, 2016
  6. Llanos

Laila Hussain

I will recommend to buy HP Probook because it is mind blowing machine and also good battery life as well.

Laila Hussain, Oct 31, 2016
  7. Llanos

Jenny jonson

Vash is actually right. Brand is not important while buying a laptop. These are some laptops im suggesting you to buy:

Dell Inspiron 3558
    Dell XPS 13
    HP ENVY 15 K
    HP 250-G4
    Lenovo E560
    Lenovo IdeaPad 310

I think these laptops are much cheaper and better than any laptop available in market. By the way i was using Lenovo G50-80 until i purchased i-Life ZedAir which is also a best laptop in terms of specs.
    Thanks!

Jenny jonson, Nov 24, 2016
Ask a Question