built in mic question

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by bob_the_diver, Aug 11, 2010.

1. bob_the_diver

bob_the_diver

hi... posting as a newbie here, just got a 751 today and so far i'm happy with it, only thing i havent been able to figure out is how to switch on the built in mic.
    loaded up skype and thats the one thing it doesnt seem to pick up.... any help would be great as i've already tried the search function but didnt get much from that.

regards
    bob

bob_the_diver, Aug 11, 2010
  2. bob_the_diver

bob_the_diver

forgot add that its currently running on windows 7 starter edition, and has the latest realtek HD audio drivers installed. along with the skype microphone issue the built-in microphone isnt picking up anything when using the recording function.

any ideas?

regards
    bob

bob_the_diver, Aug 12, 2010
  3. bob_the_diver

bob_the_diver

ok here is another update.... found an option to roll back to a previously installed driver, so in the process it has removed the realtek HD driver and it looks like i have some form of MS driver running now.... anyway the upside of it is that its fixed the issues i was having.

as a newbie.... does this mean that i should just avoid using realtek HD audio drivers or am i going to miss something in terms of sound performance when listening to music or watch films?

bob_the_diver, Aug 12, 2010
Ask a Question