Browser maker to integrate an unlimited and free VPN or virtual private network

Discussion in 'Laptop General Discussion' started by something back, Apr 22, 2016.

1. something back

something back

something back, Apr 22, 2016
    IBMPC8088 likes this.
  2. something back

IBMPC8088

Opera's always been one of the best browsers and trend setters for good things when it comes to new features and privacy. I'm glad to see them doing this for their users. Having a free VPN option for users is a great idea.

IBMPC8088, Apr 23, 2016
  3. something back

Sefie

Wow! Free VPN option? That sounds great! I have never used Opera, but I might consider it now. I might make it my secondary browser, and who knows... maybe it could become my primary one if Chrome starts acting up like Firefox did.

Sefie, Apr 25, 2016
    IBMPC8088 likes this.
  4. something back

IBMPC8088

Yeah Opera has been great for years, just not promoted as much as Mozilla, Chrome, or that dreadful crash and burn utility for downloading other browsers known as IE or Internet Explorer. It's great as a primary browser, and you only really need Chrome or Firefox for the one or two sites that purposely design only for those browsers (like they used to design osites that only worked with IE for many years). It'll be interesting to see if they raise the bar for all the other browsers to do the same as they have.

IBMPC8088, Apr 29, 2016
  5. something back

fcuco

This is amazing, I am going to download and start using this right away. When and if net neutrality goes down the tubes in the US you will need a continuous VPN to hide the type of traffic that you are consuming to your ISP so they can't throttle your connection speed. It even let's you choose a virtual location, this is awesome to go around those stupid country restrictions that they put in place to hide certain content from you on places like YouTube. Opera is awesome, they don't get the credit they deserve.

fcuco, Apr 30, 2016
    IBMPC8088 likes this.
Ask a Question