Breaking your cell phone when your mad

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by hades_leae, Jul 17, 2016.

1. hades_leae

hades_leae

Sometimes you get really mad to the point where you just want to break something I guess to help relieve the tension that your feeling. Many people result to breaking their cell phones because it's the closest thing they could find to destroy.

Have you ever done this before?

hades_leae, Jul 17, 2016
  2. hades_leae

obliviousme

Not really, when I'm overwhelmed in anger, i tend to scream on my pillow and it does lessen my frustrations somehow.

obliviousme, Jul 19, 2016
  3. hades_leae

IcyBC

Oh no, I have never done anything like that! Cellphones are expensive, and no matter how mad I am, I can't think of destroy it, because if I did that, I would beat myself to no end. When I am angry or worried about something, I tend to take it out in the garden. I weed and dig and plant new things :)

IcyBC, Jul 19, 2016
  4. hades_leae

vinaya

Yes, but thankfully my cellphone was too tough to be broken. Interestingly, I had bought this cellphone just a week ago. I tried to make emergency calls, however, it said unable to connect, I was so frustrated that I threw my cellphone. I was lucky in a sense that no damage was done to the screen and thee body.

vinaya, Jul 19, 2016
  5. hades_leae

nytegeek

No. That is just a stupid thing to do and anger is a bad excuse.. If you go around breaking things when you are angry you need professional help.

nytegeek, Jul 19, 2016
  6. hades_leae

rootle

Yeah I can never imagine a situation where I would do that. If I'm angry and feel like destroying something, it's likely to be something belonging to someone else or just a random object. Not that I've ever done that either. Destroying something of mine would just frustrate and anger me even more and I'm pretty sure I can control myself from doing that.

rootle, Jul 22, 2016
  7. hades_leae

LGNPanda

Well if it's your way of releasing all of that stress and anger, nothing you can do about it.
    Sure, it's not the best way but if it's how people cope with their anger, don't try and change that.

I generally, vent my anger which I am quite fortunate to have.

LGNPanda, Jul 22, 2016
  8. hades_leae

bangtanboys

I'm usually a very rational person, even when I get heated so I don't think I'll ever break something as dear to me as my phone. That momentary release of tension might feel very therapeutic, but it doesn't actually solve anything.

bangtanboys, Jul 28, 2016
  9. hades_leae

nytegeek

It is a perfectly adjustable reaction. Choosing to be violent isn't something that should just be shrugged off. It is something that can and should be controlled.

nytegeek, Jul 28, 2016
  10. hades_leae

filmjunkie08

My teen threw his cell phone against the wall when he was mad. Thank goodness it didn't break. But I did turn off his phone for a while. When we feel angry, we can not hurt ourselves, hurt others or hurt things.

filmjunkie08, Jul 28, 2016
  11. hades_leae

Novelangel

Usually if I'm angry enough to throw my cell phone, it's because I'm mad AT the phone. LOL. Like when my phone rings after I have already answered a call, and it turns out to be a "phantom" call from the same number I'm already talking to, or when it tells me that my calling and texting app has closed... when I'm in the middle of a call. Stuff like that can be irritating, but so far I have never actually thrown my phone. My husband threw his phone once and then quickly repented because he thought he'd broken it, but it turned out to be just fine. He hasn't done that since so I guess the phone is breathing a sigh of relief. :D

Novelangel, Aug 12, 2016
  12. hades_leae

ad.mike2016

I have never understood why people break their own things when they get mad. This seems like it would just result with you becoming more angry at the fact of breaking your own stuff. I can;t say that I have ever broken anything in anger. I would suggest to anyone who does that maybe some breathing techniques might be a more constructive way to relieve stress or deal with anger.

ad.mike2016, Aug 12, 2016
  13. hades_leae

Jason76

Breaking your cellphone could be an incredibly dumb idea if it's expensive or mildly expensive. In fact, the only ones that could be childishly broken without much harm being done would be the ones you can get at a dollar store. Breaking a cellphone is also disrespectful of people who had to work hard to buy one. It's sort of like Pete Townshed of the The Who breaking guitars on stage.

Jason76, Sep 24, 2016
  14. hades_leae

BlueText

Nope, I understand the urge to throw something but I usually find a pillow to toss at a wall. It's not the most satisfying thing but I don't actually want to break anything and then have to replace it. I'm clutzy enough without purposely breaking my phone.

BlueText, Sep 24, 2016
  15. hades_leae

sidney-wvr

What if I broke my phone and that's the reason why I'm mad?

sidney-wvr, Dec 19, 2017
  16. hades_leae

Twinflower

Oh no, I have never done anything like that!

Twinflower, Feb 28, 2018
Ask a Question