Booting from SD card

Discussion in 'Laptop Hardware' started by bowserm, Nov 5, 2008.

1. bowserm

bowserm

Hello,

I have searched the forums for this, but i cannot find anything. I am looking to install a 16 GB SDHC card into the left card reader. I currently have a 120 gig hard drive. I want to be able to install xp or linux or anything for that matter on the SDHC card, and boot from it. Does anyone know if this is even possible?

thank you in advance

bowserm, Nov 5, 2008
  2. bowserm

melhiore

I do not believe you. I answered this question about 10 times already...

Tell me you missed this: viewtopic.php?f=47&t=6098&p=40339&hilit=sd+from+boot#p40339
    and this: viewtopic.php?f=24&t=5997&p=39640&hilit=sd+boot#p39640
    and this: viewtopic.php?f=54&t=5072&p=39451&hilit=boot+from+sd#p39451
    and this: viewtopic.php?f=24&t=4895
    and this: viewtopic.php?f=44&t=3105

I think you're just lazy... Next time try harder...

melhiore, Nov 5, 2008
  3. bowserm

bowserm

Thanks a lot. Perhaps next time you can be nicer!

bowserm, Nov 5, 2008
  4. bowserm

melhiore

No way - I just do not like lazy users who are waiting for others to do the job...

melhiore, Nov 5, 2008
  5. bowserm

bowserm

I actually did search for 10 minutes. I apologize if you think I am lazy, but if i cant find anything in 10 minutes of searching, i am posting. I even looked all around google with no answers.

excuse my ignorance, i am not a noob, but i could not find it!

bowserm, Nov 5, 2008
  6. bowserm

donec

You know if you think someone is just trying to get you to search for them all you have to do is ignore the question. You are not obligated to give them an answer. That way you don't have to get irritated with them and flame them in public which will help keep you healthy by avoiding getting an ulcer from stress your irritation can cause.

donec, Nov 6, 2008
  7. bowserm

bowserm

Exactly! Thank you. I was not expecting anyone to do my searching, i know what the search function is. I just couldn't find anything. I don't understand why people feel the need to flame non stop.

bowserm, Nov 6, 2008
  8. bowserm

rory

rory, Nov 6, 2008
  9. bowserm

EasyTarget

Searching round here can be quite difficult, First you have to know which terms to search for (not everybody refers to things with the same terminology) and then cope with all the duplicate threads and the default search settings (which do not make it easy to filter the cruft from the real stuff, ordering the results by thread title really helps). Add in poor language skills, curt replies, 15 page threads, typos and rudeboys clogging up the channels and it's really easy to miss stuff, especially if your life does not revolve around the Aspire and this forum.

Unfortunately some users are just rude, you can search their posting history to see that. It's a no-brainer for them, they get the thrill of insulting a total stranger with little possibility of comeback, and get a extra post to add to their mighty tally. And of course if anyone objects they are dismissed as 'not contributing' or an idiot.

EasyTarget, Nov 7, 2008
  10. bowserm

melhiore

And that's because instead of using SEARCH everyone is just asking question, more questions and more questions... That's doing mess and is making forum more useless every day...

melhiore, Nov 7, 2008
Ask a Question