Bluetooth headset

Discussion in 'Laptop Hardware' started by kodaker, Jan 7, 2009.

1. kodaker

kodaker

I have given up trying to get the internal mic working. I have tried every suggestion here many times to no avail. If I plug in an external mic. it works great. I was wondering if a bluetooth headset that fits on your ear, like people use for telephones should work for a mic and earphone combination. I already have a bluetooth dongle that I use with a printer.

kodaker, Jan 7, 2009
  2. kodaker

robandjeanne

That would probably work great. A friend, however told me he hates his bluetooth because it goes through batteries so fast,and he had a top rated one. For grins I took an old cell phone earset (only hooks on one ear) and modified the plug so it would plug into the mic and headphone jacks of the aa1. It works great and the earset has a mic boom that positions the mic a few inches from your mouth which gives good volume with minimal ambient room noise pickup. The few times I've had the built in mic working on my aa1 I noticed it works good but your mouth is normally over a foot away which allows the mic to pick up a lot of room noise along with your voice.

My built in mic always stopped working the next day so I'm guessing some piece of software is interfering with it. Once I swore I solved the problem because it worked after rebooting. but the next day no mic. It's very frustrating and hard to understand or explain what's going on. Also when mine worked it worked with the stock Realtek drivers R1.94. Someone posted he had two aa1s and can't find what the difference that makes the mic deaf on one. The deaf mic seems a frustrating and difficult problem for some of us.

robandjeanne, Jan 7, 2009
  3. kodaker

kodaker

If anyone is like me and has given up on getting the internal mic working, you might want to do what I did. I bought the cheapest bluetooth earset that I could find, $20 at Target, and it works fine with the ONE. This earset uses a replaceable AAA battery so no worry about not having a charge when you want to use it, just put in another AAA. I already had a bluetooth mini dongle that I use for a printer. The little earset is tiny and won't take up much room in the case that I have for the ONE.

kodaker, Jan 9, 2009
Ask a Question