Blank screen

Discussion in 'Laptop Hardware' started by steve.d, Apr 21, 2013.

1. steve.d

steve.d

Have an Aspire One AO722. My son dropped it and the screen is now black with no messages or screen response. Is there a switch on the screen that when it is flipped up it will activate the sreen? Or is it more likely the screen or wiring to it is damage. Is there a diagnostics command I can run against my laptop my hardwre components?

I have the laptop connected to external monitor and I am able to boot up to Windows 7.

steve.d, Apr 21, 2013
  2. steve.d

steve.d

Has anyone got any suggestions? I looked at other posts for black screen but nothing seems to fit...

steve.d, Apr 25, 2013
  3. steve.d

goldie

You may have damage the screen is so a replacement screen sell for about 45 on Amazon.com. you tube vid will show how easy it is to replace.
    But first try hold down the "Fn" key and hit f7

goldie, Sep 29, 2013
  4. steve.d

goldie

sorry forgot the links

Amazon.co search for aspire one 722 replacement screen

goldie, Sep 29, 2013
  5. steve.d

Sidewinderx3

It's likely that the screen is damaged someway, the best advice I can give you is to RMA the unit back to Acer and let them sort it out, that is if you're still within the warranty period. As for manually repairing it, unless you're experienced in these components and are comfortable with messing with your laptop, I'd recommend against it. Anyway, good luck with repairing it, hope you get a nice screen back!

Sidewinderx3, Feb 24, 2014
  6. steve.d

LindaKay

That sounds like the same problem that I had with my laptop. The screen is ruined. You may be able to replace it. Is it still under warranty?

LindaKay, Feb 26, 2014
  7. steve.d

Oogles

I had this problem too, but luckily for me my screen wasn't damaged at all the ribbon just got loose and was the reason why it wasn't producing images. You might want to check for that just in case.

Oogles, May 15, 2014
  8. steve.d

TylerH

I would search online for a tutorial on how to properly reconfigure the screen to the computer because maybe when it fell the screen just came loose. I actually had a problem with my computer where the screen was just blank when I would turn it on and I came to find out that it was due to my ram chip being out of place for some reason, so I would also recommend checking that to see if it is the problem.

TylerH, Jul 2, 2014
  9. steve.d

Rohan99

The fact that when you connect the external monitor you are able to boot up into Windows means that it is the screen of the laptop that was damaged after the fall. I suggest that you let a technician look at it because I think you may need to replace the screen. It could also be a problem with some wiring and if that is the case you will not have to worry about buying a new screen.

Rohan99, Jul 2, 2014
Ask a Question