Black screen Acer Aspire 3810T

Discussion in 'Acer' started by pawq, Jan 24, 2014.

1. pawq

pawq

Hello [​IMG]

I have a problem with a laptop Acer Aspire 3810T, after reinstalling Windows 7 Home Premium, I had a problem installing the drivers from ATI graphic card (the second card Intel was not the problem). While running the installer downloaded from the appropriate Acer site, showed an error and stopped the installation. I tried several versions of the drivers, but still appear this error message.

Then in the BIOS I set the option to operate "only ATI" graphic card, since then the laptop screen was completely black, nothing on it does not show, and after how laptop works can be deduced that has a problem with the proper operation and stops booting system (probably even before attempting to access the hard drive, because you can not hear it works). An attempt to restart the BIOS settings by disconnecting the power supply, remove the battery and disconnect the CMOS battery from the motherboard also did not help. Is there still a possibility to restore the laptop to work?

pawq, Jan 24, 2014
  2. pawq

something back

I the only thing I can think of is to remove the ati graphics card,then try to restart the machine.

This used to work on tower system builds,some cards hold the software drivers on board the
    cards. The bios may reset and default.

something back, Jan 25, 2014
  3. pawq

pawq

It seems to be logic, but I read manual service and didn't find where the ATI grapic card is located. Can you try to explain this on some example from there?

pawq, Jan 25, 2014
  4. pawq

something back

it's should be the vga unit ( it should have ati sticker on it somewhere )

Why not try to install a new bios file unzip the files from the acers site.

Put Flashit.exe (DOS) on a Thumbdrive
    Rename the BIOS file to JM31X64.fd and put it in the thumbdrive
    Plug in the thumbdrive
    Press and hold 3 buttons Fn + Esc + Power Button (With AC Adapter + Battery plugged in)
    approx 3 minuets process.

here's a link to the acer bios pages

http://www.acer.co.uk/ac/en/GB/content/drivers

This forum has listed bios upgrades/fixing

one of those can be found hear

http://www.laptop-forums.com/threads/acer-aspire-one-d250_bios-recovery.17323/#post-106449

Note if all fails then a computer shop will HAVE TO FIT A NEW BIOS/CMOS CHIP

Last edited: Jan 26, 2014
    something back, Jan 26, 2014
  5. pawq

pawq

I've tried to flash BIOS, however in some other way. First I've made bootable USB drive, I thought that was necessary to start that whole procedure. So there were some more files on the drive, also my BIOS flash file name was JM31.128 (tried with JM31.fd too), should I rename it? Trying flashing BIOS with drive prepared that way makes only led on USB drive to blink for a while and then burns with a steady light (it behaves the same way without pressing Fn + Esc). Moreover holding power button while turning on laptop makes it off after 2 sec, I can only press it to turn on laptop. I'm gonna try to do it just like you said one again.

Ok, I've tried it in every possible way, still nothing happend. There were said that power LED will start blinking, but in my case it has never happend.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2014
    pawq, Jan 26, 2014
  6. pawq

something back

I think you may well HAVE TO FIT A NEW BIOS/CMOS CHIP

IT SHOULD NOT COST MORE THAN £30 OR $45

THE CHEAPEST WAY WOULD BE TO PART DISASSEMBLE THE UNIT TO BRING DOWN THE COSTS

BIOS CHIPS CAN BE OBTAINED FROM EBAY AND OTHER SITES APPROX £10 OR $15

something back, Jan 27, 2014
Ask a Question