bios problem dell m4600

Discussion in 'Laptop Hardware' started by adel, May 31, 2024.

1. adel

adel

hello, i have a dell m4600 laptop

I had the problem of getting stuck on the dell logo, and after researching, I found out that the problem should be solved by reprogramming the bios chip, since I didn't have a programmer, I left it to repair work and explained all the necessary work. Now the system turns on and works, but after For a while, the keyboard stops working , also in the BIOS I can't see my mouse. I tested it with an external mouse and touchpad, but the result was the same , i even run the diagnostic in bios with pressing f5 and it say every

thing is ok!

Also, I can't access intel amt anymore. It's completely unavailable. i can't see it in the boot menu, i cant find any setting about it in bios setup.

Also, every USB that I connect for boot is not recognized and show the error the selected boot device is filed. I am sure of the health of the USB and I tested all the ports with USB and different settings of different operating systems, the result is the same, and in any case, it`s not possible to boot USB through EFI And this is not only about usb, even the operating system does not work as uefi and gives errors!

And in every version of Windows, when I put it in sleep mode, it freezes after turning on

adel, May 31, 2024
  2. adel

zocarter

It sounds like the BIOS might still be corrupted or not correctly updated. Plz try resetting the BIOS to its default settings by removing the CMOS battery for a few minutes and then reinserting it.

If that doesn't help then you might need to reflash the BIOS with the latest version.

zocarter, May 31, 2024
  3. adel

adel

Thank for your answer, I was did all things, updating to the last bios version and clear CMOS in many ways but after all it's steel like before have all the problems

adel, May 31, 2024
Ask a Question