Best Photo Editing Program for Acer One?

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by LTCSZ, Feb 8, 2009.

1. LTCSZ

LTCSZ

What would be your opinion on the best (freeware) photo editing program for the One? Something that is fairly light but yet does an adequate job? Thanks,

Steve

LTCSZ, Feb 8, 2009
  2. LTCSZ

Ranger Wolf

While not Light, I still use my Photoshop CS2 on it perfectly fine ^^

If your looking for something lighter, there is plenty of free photo editing software out.

Ranger Wolf, Feb 8, 2009
  3. LTCSZ

mdarnton

While I use Photoshop regularly in my work, when I feel like just doing a quick edit, by far the best program I've found is FastStone Image Viewer. Unlike the other similar programs that people invariably mention (and it totally blows away IrfanView!), it offers the most in the way of adjustments, really great previews, and a good interface. You might not immediately find the useful stuff: double click on a photo in the browser mode, and it opens a full screen view of that photo. All of the goodies are hidden, and appear when you bring the mouse up to the left, top, or right margins. The only thing it won't do is make selections and apply changes to them.
    http://www.faststone.org/

If you're looking for something non-light, check here:
    http://graphicssoft.about.com/od/pixelb ... otoedw.htm
    Paint.net looks particularly interesting, and Pixia, too--I'm just now installing it to see how it works.
    Later..... Pixia has all of the tools, but the interface is horrid.

mdarnton, Feb 8, 2009
  4. LTCSZ

jbhtex

I read this post and then also notice you were in Garden City, KS. I once lived there and went to Kenneth Henderson Middle School and High School there. Anyhow..... are you looking for a simple photo editing program or one that is complex with several options?

jbhtex, Feb 8, 2009
  5. LTCSZ

LTCSZ

Garden City hasn't changed much...Still smells like cows and the language barrier is getting bigger...Going to build a new high school out beyond the bypass...Anyway; I guess I am looking for a simple program to basically enhance, crop, etc...I would do any major editing on my desktop...Thanks for the reply!

Steve

LTCSZ, Feb 8, 2009
  6. LTCSZ

jbhtex

Wow! I have not seen that place in 10+ years. I will always remember the smell.

Well I use Google's Picasa on all my machines for simple stuff. It makes emailing photos, uploads to Picasa Web, and much more simple and easy. It is a fairly small program and keeps things nice and tidy on your disk. Good luck!

jbhtex, Feb 8, 2009
  7. LTCSZ

stepppy

I find that Google's own Picasa does everything thing I need it do and it runs beautifully on my One, best off all it's free :D

http://picasa.google.com/

stepppy, Feb 9, 2009
Ask a Question