Best method for OSX on D250?

Discussion in 'MacOS' started by aquafloe, Jan 20, 2011.

1. aquafloe

aquafloe

A while back I traded out my D250's original wireless card for a DW1510, specifically for the purpose of OSX compatibility. It's been a while since I looked into all that stuff, and I'm assuming a lot has changed. Is there a widely accepted method of installing OSX on a D250, and are there any guides available? Thanks!

aquafloe, Jan 20, 2011
  2. aquafloe

elPaulio Moderator

Hi there,

I have recently installed Snow Leopard 10.6.3 and updated to 10.6.6 via combo update with no bother using the following guide: http://www.insanelywind.com/forum/viewt ... =41&t=2835 It says it is for the MSI Wind but it works a treat for the D250. The combo update ran no problems either :)

Items I don't have working are Wifi (not upgrade mines yet so you should be fine), Webcam (doesnt workin Win7/XP so probably broken ;) ) but other than that I think the rest works (haven't tried the mic yet thinking about it but m'eh!!

The install was quite slow for me, but I was installing to an external UDB hard drive so that would probably explain it. I am getting a bigger hard drive soon so will be re-installing onto that and dual booting with Windows 7 so hopefully it'll go a bit quicker then :)

Let me know how you get on as if it works well for you I'll make up a topic which incorporates both the install and Combo update.

Cheers

Paul :ugeek:

elPaulio, Feb 7, 2011
Ask a Question