Best laptop for video editing/creating?

Discussion in 'Which Laptop should I buy?' started by ElendilE, Jan 19, 2016.

1. ElendilE

ElendilE

Hi, guys! I'm really getting into making animation videos for my projects, and I really need some help choosing the perfect laptop for that purpose. I'll be using software like Adobe Illustrator, photoshop, and After-effects a lot for these purposes, (and maybe a bit of Sony Vegas Pro and Audacity). The problem is, due to the mobile nature of my work, I can't really buy a desktop.

So, which laptop would you suggest that would be perfect for the job? I'm looking for machines that run the Windows OS, and preferably in the sub 1000$ category. Thank you in advance for your time! :)

ElendilE, Jan 19, 2016
  2. ElendilE

PingPongCall

I've always been told that Macbook pros and Origin laptops are the kings of video editing.

PingPongCall, Jan 21, 2016
  3. ElendilE

bluemoney

6Gb ram
    i5 Quad Core Processor

bluemoney, Jan 21, 2016
  4. ElendilE

coolyfrost

Macbooks are good laptops for these sort of things, but the hardware really is not up to snuff in the sub-1000 dollar range. For this price I believe that an ASUS ROG GL552VW-DH71 would serve you very well. You could also try to find a Lenovo laptop with similar specifications but at a lower price point as Lenovo makes quite good deals from time to time. However, I personally would recommend the ROG as I think it is the better choice, especially due to its design.
    The specifications for the ROG are:
    Intel Core i7-6700HQ 2.6GHz CPU
    2GB GTX960M
    16GB RAM
    1TB HDD

coolyfrost, Jan 22, 2016
  5. ElendilE

ElendilE

Thank you so much for your suggestion! I looked up the ROG and am definitely quite impressed by both its looks and specs. It definitely looks like the kind of machine I was looking for. Thank you again!:)

ElendilE, Jan 25, 2016
Ask a Question