Battery dead after two weeks.

Discussion in 'Laptop Hardware' started by Yosser_UK, Oct 2, 2008.

1. Yosser_UK

Yosser_UK

Hello, My battery seems to have died on me, well not die but its not working as it should. I've only had the unit two weeks too.

Battery seemed to be working fine last night. I installed Quake 3 and had a quick game. Just before the id logo screen my green battery LED turned off. Didn't think much of it. Exited Q3 and noticed it hadn't come back on again. Tried rebooting the One and still the same. Thought to myself 'bugger the LED might have gone', bit miffed but thought it doesn't really affect the functioning of the unit.

Anyway I've tried charging my battery tonight and after about 1 hour 20 the battery is saying its only 20% full. That doesn't seem right. The charge pack isn't warm too.

What do you think? Get in touch with Acer or take it back to the shop I got it from. I'm thinking if I get in touch with Acer they may swap it for a better capacity battery and if I take it back to the shop for a swap I may get a stuck pixel in my new unit or something.

Cheers.

Yosser_UK, Oct 2, 2008
  2. Yosser_UK

crcornelison

contact Acer support and thay will a new battery and you will send the bad battery to them for replacement. Its under the warranty ...if it is within the warranty dates.

V/r

crcornelison, Oct 7, 2008
  3. Yosser_UK

Yosser_UK

Hi mate. Well you know what after that charge that took ages it seems to be ok now, but the green battery LED is off when I'm running off the battery. I may email Acer to see what they think.

Cheers.

Yosser_UK, Oct 10, 2008
  4. Yosser_UK

Chil

I have had the same issue of the green battery LED as you but from the start of having the Aspire One I didn't think much of it, I have never actually seen it work, the battery chargers normally in windows and the laptop itself is rock solid and the battery lasts for 2.5 hours. I wonder how many others have this issue?

Chil, Oct 11, 2008
Ask a Question