Bargin Silicone Protective Keyboard Cover for Aspire One

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by jfitie, Nov 21, 2008.

1. jfitie

jfitie

jfitie, Nov 21, 2008
  2. jfitie

hmmwv

I ordered this cover and it's great except the lower right corner, it doesn't fit the One's direction keys, I think mine is off by about 1/16", which is enough to prevent the cover from seating securely.

hmmwv, Nov 25, 2008
  3. jfitie

Negative_Zero

Negative_Zero, Nov 25, 2008
  4. jfitie

hmmwv

Looks identical to the one I got from DealExtreme, the fitting issue is most likely due to manufacturing process, not design. The cover is specially designed for the AA1, no other products use the same key dimension and layout.

hmmwv, Dec 5, 2008
  5. jfitie

Negative_Zero

hmmwv - thanks for your post.

I did not realize that the one I posted was the same, as the logo from DX is exactly under the area where you had fit problems, I thought it might be a different pattern (various language keyboards and so on). I have not ordered the one from brando workshop, and I probably won't as I am a little concerned with how much heat will be retained. And in my situation, any incentive to less snacking is a good thing!

Negative_Zero, Dec 9, 2008
  6. jfitie

rtiangha

I bought that neoprene case from them. Like the reviewer says, it fits the 6 cell AA1 perfectly. Highly recommended.

As for the keyboard cover, I have the Canadian version of the AA1 with the extra keys so I doubt that'd fit my keyboard properly. If they had a version for me, I'd probably get one.

I love DealExtreme. The prices are reasonable and the free shipping is great. I've bought a lot of things from them over the last few years. They are a reputable store.

rtiangha, Dec 12, 2008
  7. jfitie

cozinator

I just got my AA1 last night, and I tend to be a little messy around my keyboard, so when I get a new laptop, something like this is the first thing I pick up. I just ordered the cover from DealExtreme, since it seems to be hard to find covers for the AA1. If it doesn't fit perfectly, it's only $5. Does anyone else have this keyboard protector?

cozinator, Dec 23, 2008
  8. jfitie

Taki

I got two...one for myself and one for my husband. It might not be a perfect fit, but close enough. We don't have any problem typing with it on. $5 well spent, I would say.

Taki, Dec 25, 2008
  9. jfitie

speekergeek

got one too, doesn't fit wello in the lower right hand corner, kinda sticks up.

But for $5 it is worth it.

Any ideas on how to make it fit better in the lower right corner?

speekergeek, Jan 11, 2009
  10. jfitie

bailout

Looks like a great idea for a portable like the aao but from the pictures I assume it is made for the US keyboard. The enter and left shift keys are diferent on the UK version. Does anyone know if there is anything similar for UK layout?

bailout, Feb 1, 2009
  11. jfitie

capnwchan

Could anyone post an image of their keyboard with their skin? I think I might get one if it's not too bad.

Thanks. :)

capnwchan, Feb 21, 2009
  12. jfitie

DougHillman

As some others have noted, it's not exactly a perfect fit. It's a little loose down by the arrow keys. Good enough though.

I'm thinking of running a little bead of rubber cement around that bottom corner to get it to sit down. Even if it doesn't, it's not really an issue.

Click on the pic for the entire shot.

[attachment=0:3ckotctb]cover.jpg[/attachment:3ckotctb]

DougHillman, Mar 9, 2009
  13. jfitie

robertr

I have 2 of these from dealextreme, both fit the UK keyboard AAO fine. Looks better on the white version, but thats just cosmetic. I also got the neoprene cover from them, highly recommended.

robertr, Mar 9, 2009
  14. jfitie

speekergeek

Yeah,l even if it is not a "perfect" fit, the price sure is right, and the protection it offers is nice, it also muffles typing a bit.

I don't think you will want to try any type of adhesive with it, nothing sticks to it, I have tried tape, but will not try glue, a little more permanent.

speekergeek, Mar 10, 2009
Ask a Question