Background images

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by drchandra9, Feb 18, 2009.

1. drchandra9

drchandra9

Hello all.I am completly new to this site aswell as linpus so please be patient with my rookie requests!I cannot seem to get my background images to stay where they are.When i reboot they have gone and i have to set them up again.The same happens to my skydome picture in compiz.Can anyone help please.

drchandra9, Feb 18, 2009
  2. drchandra9

azz2811

cant help u with any of ur problems.... i use xp but i can welcome u to the forums

azz2811, Feb 18, 2009
  3. drchandra9

drchandra9

Thanyou for the welcome.As you prob agree the acer aspire one is a lovely machine,just got to iron out a few probs using linpus os.Any idea where i can get help on this site as no-one seems to have the same probs as me

drchandra9, Feb 18, 2009
  4. drchandra9

barrie

Hi drchandra9 ,

When you say background image, do you mean the desktop picture wallpaper you have chosen?

barrie, Feb 18, 2009
  5. drchandra9

drchandra9

That the one.I can't figure out how to save my pictures to the backdrop folder.I have tried dragging and dropping but this doesn't work.I think i might be missing something simple here.

drchandra9, Feb 18, 2009
  6. drchandra9

barrie

Hi drchandra9,

OK, first you should save the image to your downloads folder, then run a terminal > press Alt-F2.
    Now type the following command to save this image to your pixmaps folder.
    Sudo cp /home/user/Downloads/ your image name.png/usr/share/pixmaps/your image name.png
    Once done close the terminal window.
    You now have the image stored in your pixmaps folder, so you now need to place it as the desktop wallpaper,again press Alt-F2 and type xfce-setting-show, now a new window opens called xfce settings manager.
    Click the desktop Icon and the desktop preferences panel opens make the window full screen size, at the bottom of the window you will see an image section make sure the show image box is checked then navigate to your saved image in the pixmaps folder and that is it, close all windows and terminals then reboot and you will see your image on the desktop. :p

Also have a look at my post here viewtopic.php?f=17&t=10698

barrie, Feb 18, 2009
Ask a Question