AVG on Ron's TinyXP, wont install

Discussion in 'Windows' started by Shad0wguy, Jun 25, 2009.

1. Shad0wguy

Shad0wguy

This has been bugging me for a while. For some reason when I try to install AVG on my AAO running Rons tinyXP the install fails with an error saying it isn't a supported version of windows even though it is XP SP3. Has anyone had this issue, and what was the resolution?

Shad0wguy, Jun 25, 2009
  2. Shad0wguy

myksterx

just installed rons xp myself and it wont install xp either..

ive just tried to activate updates too for sp3 and it wont let me.. so im assuming its been stripped and the services for avg have been stripped

myksterx, Jul 16, 2009
  3. Shad0wguy

myksterx

myksterx, Jul 16, 2009
  4. Shad0wguy

myksterx

just another update..

since installing avg free 8 on my netbook,i have found it has slowed down its boot time by adding around 10-12seconds onto the boot up time...

i have always used AVG, ever since my first computer i guess (around 6-7years ago)

but now, just for my netbook im seriously thinking about changing (just for the netbook though)

i am not bothered about the boot time, 10-12 seconds isnt that much considering it only takes around 30-35 seconds to boot up and ready for surfing... that is fast in my opinion, however, i know these are capable of booting faster, and i want to try and push this little netbook to boot fast, have protection, and a couple of mods etc..

so yes, avg works on rons xp, however slowing booting up down around 10-12seconds..
    as a avg user all my life, for the protection its worth 10 seconds more on the boot time, however, as i said above, i want to try and get this netbook to be as fast as possible, thus i will be experimenting with a different antivirus for the first time in years!!

ok buddy!
    let me know if you get AVG on your netbook and if you find it boots a lil bit slower like mine does!

myksterx, Jul 16, 2009
Ask a Question