Attempting to get 1360x768 resolution on AAO 751h

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by Roland67, May 12, 2010.

1. Roland67

Roland67

Hello from France. (and sorry for my not so good english)
    I allready posted this topic in the "Hacks-modification" section, i hadn't see that there is a special section for 11.6" Aspire, so I repost it here.

I'm a new owner of a 751h with win XP (SP3). I uninstalled all the useless software,games , McAffee security center (installed Avira antivir personnal instead), Google things, etc... and tweaked a little bit the OS, and this little netbook works now like a charm and runs at 1.50 GHz with setFSB :D
    I wanted to hook it on my Toshiba LCD TV wich has a 1366x768 screen too, but the problem is I have to send an image with 1360x768 pixels to the TV, wich doesn't accept a 1366x768 pixels image on the VGA input.
    On my HP-Compaq laptop, I managed to create this resolution with Entech's Powerstrip.
    But on the AAO 751, the GMA500 drivers are not recognised by Powerstrip, and therefore it's impossible to create custom resolutions with this tool.
    I also tried to do it with DTDcalculator, but the registry keys that DTDcalculator is looking for don't exist, and I'm stuck with this tool too.
    So I don't know how to achieve this 1360x768 resolution.
    Create a new one, but how ??
    An other solution would be to modify the standard resolution of the 751 to 1360x768 pixels (OK I would loose 3 pixels at each border of the screen), but I have no idea how to do that. (I have no problem with modifying the registry, but in this case I simply don't know what to modify !)

So if somebody here has an idea wich could help me ?

Thank you in advance !

Roland

Roland67, May 12, 2010
  2. Roland67

jknights

Roland,
    I searched for the drivers on all the Acer sites but did not find them.
    What you need to do is go to the Intel site and download the GMA500 drivers for Windows XP.
    They are here.
    http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_ ... 0&lang=eng

I am looking for suitable drivers for this for Linux Ubuntu10.04 but am having no success.
    I know that Mandriva 2010 release apparently can load the Acer 751H with drivers that provide 1366 x 768 resolution.
    Surely Ubuntu can to...

jknights, May 14, 2010
  3. Roland67

Roland67

Hello and thank you for your advice.
    I allready have the latest drivers from Intel. (1018 at the end)

In my case the problem is the following :
    When you hook a screen on the 751h, the screen reports what resolution it supports.
    In the case of my Toshiba LCD TV, it only reports it supports 640x480, 800x600 and 1024x768.
    And I have no other choice on the slider in the graphical properties window.
    But my LCD TV also works with a 1360x768 resolution (the resolution of the LCD is 1366*768),
    On my other PC I was able to "create" this custom resolution with powerstrip, but powerstrip doesn't work with the GMA500 GPU.
    And the Toshiba works perfectly with a 1360*768 signal.
    If I had a custum resolution of 1360x768, I could chose it with the slider, when beeing in dual screen mode (the same image on the 751h and the TV).

Best regards

Roland

Roland67, May 17, 2010
  4. Roland67

alalala

hi roland!

i have the same issue, did you succeed in solving it?

thx

A

alalala, Sep 25, 2010
  5. Roland67

AcerSpace

You can't usually get custom resolution from your computer on to a TV monitor unless you know how to alter its configuration. This is another step though where you need to be careful because messing with visual settings has been known to lead to registry and document issues in some PC's, especially when you try to work outside of its capabilities. There have been numerous account of excel, outlook, and other file types being compromised and thay can be pretty tough to fix. Have you guys ever heard of datanumen?

AcerSpace, May 18, 2011
  6. Roland67

zoomer

Hi!
    Have bought AAO 751h recently. Unfortunately can't see any video without cell phone tracking those hiccap events. Can anyone help me?

zoomer, Nov 1, 2011
  7. Roland67

Beft1988

Hello, bought AAO 751h as well and trying to repair it.Do you know some instructions on how to change matrix? Would be really helpful.

Beft1988, Dec 11, 2017
  8. Roland67

Beft1988

NVM! Fixed it.

Beft1988, Dec 14, 2017
Ask a Question