ASUS X541N upgrade RAM or buy new?

Discussion in 'Laptop General Discussion' started by gus1339, Jan 13, 2022.

1. gus1339

gus1339

I am working on a laptop for a friend. It is extremely slow and wants to know if she should purchase a new laptop or keep this one.

Here are the system specs:

It is 6 years old
    Processor Intel(R) Pentium(R) CPU N4200 @ 1.10GHz, 1101 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)
    Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 4.00 GB

Obviously, the $GB Ram is a problem. If she upgrades the Ram would that be good enough for the laptop to work more efficiently?

I did a virus scan online and there are no viruses. I disabled some of the startup programs that were unnecessary.

Thanks for any input you can provide.

gus1339, Jan 13, 2022
  2. gus1339

Shweta Singh

Sorry, there are no Memory upgrades available for this model. The manufacturer may have installed the maximum RAM or the RAM slots may be inaccessible. It is also possible that the supported RAM type is no longer available. The ram is upgradable but only if you have a notebook or desktop. A large majority of notebooks have 2 memory slots which can be upgraded with either one of two modules. Many of these are shipped with 2 low-density modules of matching capacity.

Shweta Singh, Mar 11, 2022
Ask a Question