Asus Transformer laptop/tablet not powering on

Discussion in 'Laptop Hardware' started by TS45, Apr 1, 2021.

1. TS45

TS45

Hello…
    My Asus transformer tablet/laptop is a bit old now and i have had very few issues with it over the years.
    I'm a bit stuck at the moment as it won't power on.
    It has charge on as the white light flickers on when I press the power button but nothing happens on screen - the led light next to camera in middle is also one which suggests it has battery power….
    It just won’t start – the screen stays blank/black – I have tried to power it up by pressing the volume down/power button for 10 seconds to a minute etc and also tried the cntr windows b shift method. But nothing...
    Is there anything else I should try?

TS45, Apr 1, 2021
  2. TS45

TS45

Hello,
    i have managed to solve the problem.
    I completely drained the battery. Then put some charge on it and it worked!
    That simple - so my advice for anyone with this issue is to first completely drain the battery and then charged it up a bit and power on. It worked!
    I had tried almost everything and nothing worked.
    I have noticed that charging takes a long time on the transformer though I am not using the original cable.
    Many thanks for help

TS45, Apr 7, 2021
  3. TS45

omthoke

Yeah, it has happened to me as well - usually it's a good idea to keep it on charge for 2-3 hours and then just let it get drained off completely and then again charge for 2-3 hours next day, and try to turn it on while charging!

omthoke, Apr 12, 2021
Ask a Question