Aspire one pro 531

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by C-Smoke, May 27, 2009.

1. C-Smoke

C-Smoke

I am a law student looking for a netbook (about 10 inches or less) that will be used primarily for basic things like taking notes, email and occasionally creating pwr points, word documents, etc. The only other requirements are that it has XP professional (which I can buy from my school, but it is kind of expensive) and a battery that will last at least 4 hours, preferably more. Cost is a factor, so it would be nice if it includes xp pro and a long lasting battery. While researching, I came across the Aspire one pro 531 which seems like it would fit my needs, but I haven't been able to find anywhere to purchase it. Has this model been released yet? If not, when is it expected to be released? Or, does anyone have other netbook recommendations? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

C-Smoke, May 27, 2009
  2. C-Smoke

goofball

where are you located?
    you have plenty of options. 8.9" or 10" Aspire One (with 6 cell) will last that long pretty easily for mundane tasks. So will the Asus 1000HE.
    Depending on where you are, you may be able to find a used Lenovo X60s or X61s. As long as it has the 8 cell battery, it isn't much bigger than a netbook, has way more power, can handle more RAM, and weighs only a bit more than the Asus models. Keyboard is much nicer since it is a more full keyboard.

goofball, May 27, 2009
Ask a Question