Aspire One D250 and issues installing Windows XP Home?

Discussion in 'Windows' started by Mavke, May 18, 2009.

1. Mavke

Mavke

Hi all, yeah I just got an Acer Aspire One D250 which comes with Windows XP Home but it has so much software that I just want a clean Windows being installed. As such I have now a Windows XP Home SP3 CD and an USB DVD-Rom drive attached and can boot from it. Now after that it starts loading all the stuff until you get where you need to press "Enter" to start the actual install on the hard drive, and well after that the setup says it couldn't find any hard disks installed. And this D250 has an Hitachi 160GB hard disk, does anyone have an idea?

Mavke, May 18, 2009
  2. Mavke

Mavke

Would anybody know or have any guideance, cause I would really like both Windows XP Home and Windows 7 installed on the Acer Netbook. So any tips on getting that done would be appreciated. Thanks.

Mavke, May 20, 2009
  3. Mavke

Queen6

I suspect it has something to do with the hidden recovery partition. I wanted to add a logical partition with Partition Magic only for it to give an error with drive sizes, reporting the drive as unallocated/unknown. My system is fine and the recovery routine works good. This may explain why the MS install routine can not find the drive on your D250.

I just uninstalled all the junk and have had no problems at all, the partition can wait until I create a recovery CD, as any attempt by Partition Magic to fix what is sees as a problem will no doubt kill the recovery partition

Queen6, Jun 14, 2009
  4. Mavke

ashram

common issue with xp and sata.... you need to either slipstream the needed sata driver OR also use a usb floppy and put the sata drivers on that.

ashram, Jun 17, 2009
Ask a Question