aspire one aoa150 black screen of death

Discussion in 'Linux' started by onehunglo, May 25, 2011.

1. onehunglo

onehunglo

hope someone can help . my lovely little netbook has suddenly packed up . i just get this black screen . i have googled about it and it appears a common fault .
    problem is im a total numb nuts when it comes to pcs laptops etc . i know its something to do with the bios and you have to extract a file then rename it ... this just goes over my head .
    is there a simple walkthru i could follow please . just to confirm my netbook is totally standard running linux linpus lite . i have checked the acer site for the bios download but its just for XP , would that be ok !
    would realy appreciate someone who has experienced this and solved a similar fault .

onehunglo, May 25, 2011
  2. onehunglo

jackruss

I have an Acer aspire one AOA 150 the ZGS but it has the linux (linpus) operateing system on it.

It stopped working black screen problem which i believe is the bios problem but like the previous post I have not been able to track down the flash for it to try Acer doesn't support linpus but only windows :(

did any body find the answer to this or have I got a new paper weight ??

cheers in advance :)

jackruss, Aug 25, 2012
  3. onehunglo

ryptyde

Have you tried what Acer Support recommends doing here: http://support.acer.com/acerpanam/netbook/0000/acer/aspireoneaoa110/aspireoneaoa110faq22.shtml
    there used to be a blog by "macles" but it seem to no longer exist. I keep a 256MB
    flash drive handy with the bios flash on it and also a small written note with instruction on how to flash the AAO.
    I have used it a few times since purchasing the AAO-ZG5 AOA 150 in 2008. Should work for AOA 110 and AOA 150

Really simple to do so give it a try.

ryptyde

Last edited: Sep 17, 2012
    ryptyde, Sep 17, 2012
  4. onehunglo

jackruss

yup tried that loads of times not working :( so maybe a paper weight )

jackruss, Sep 17, 2012
Ask a Question