Aspire One AO756-2808 RAM

Discussion in 'Acer' started by Karaokemonk, Sep 19, 2012.

1. Karaokemonk

Karaokemonk

Greetings!
    I just got an Aspire One AO756-2808 and wanted to add another 4 GB of RAM. I've never done anything like this and am quite technologically challenged. First of all it took me a LONG time just to get the battery back out. {I finally accomplished that by first taking off that back panel.} I don't see how you could get it out without removing that panel first or is there another way?
    Then after discharging the battery I noticed that the RAM I'd gotten from Amazon didn't really look like the other one that was in there although I THINK it was the correct size. This is a link to the RAM I got from Amazon.
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002XN3OL4/ref=oh_details_o02_s00_i01
    It SHOULD be the same as the other one in the netbook but it looks a bit different and I'm scared to put it in. Does anyone know if that is the right one?
    Thanks so much for your replies!

Karaokemonk, Sep 19, 2012
  2. Karaokemonk

Nestone50

The netbook does support 8 gigs of memory with the Windows 7 64 bit OS. Based on your link, I assume your netbook has 2 memory slots with 4 gigs in one slot and the other being empty. I wouldn't be concerned that the 2 modules don't look quite the same as long as the new module fits the slot. The worst that would happen in the netbook would not post if the module isn't compatible. If the computer doesn't boot when you install the new module, simply remove it and reboot. Be careful to avoid any static discharge when you install or remove a memory module. Make sure you are properly grounded.

Nestone50, Sep 19, 2012
  3. Karaokemonk

Karaokemonk

Thanks

Thanks Nestone50. I put it in and it works fine. Increased my RAM WEI to 7.4

Karaokemonk, Sep 20, 2012
  4. Karaokemonk

rodimus773

I recently got this laptop. I must say, once you add memory and sort out all little problems, its a nice speedy machine. I love it. Back to topic, some people are adding 16GB of RAM. Has anyone attempted to add more than 8GB's?? I get RAM WEI of 7.4 with just 6GB.

rodimus773, Jul 29, 2013
Ask a Question