Aspire One AHA150 can't see 32gb sdhc

Discussion in 'Laptop Hardware' started by my05, Apr 18, 2010.

1. my05

my05

Hi,

I purchased a 32 GB SDHC yesterday (SanDisk class 2). When trying to get the aspire to recognize it, it doesn't at all (don't see the card). I tried both the left-hand side slot (storage expansion port) as well as the right-hand one (5-in-1 multi reader).

When i use a 2GB card, it works perfectly in both slots.

When i do connect the 32gb card via usb (reader) it can detect it also without any problems, its just the sd-expansion slot that fails with this card.

Am i right to assume that the aspire is supposed to support 32GB cards? I tried to download the latest jmicron driver (i use windows XP home SP.3) but with no success.

Any advice?

Kind regards

Daniel

my05, Apr 18, 2010
  2. my05

Philip*Wong

Hi,

I encountered a similar problem only on the Storage Expansion slot on the left side of the key board. The same 32G SDHC card can be seen when plug into the right hand side slot of the key board :!:

Can someone find out or tell me a way to find out if there is a limitation on the storage capacity of SDHC card reader labelled "Storage Expansion" situated on left side of the keyboard?

Thanks.

Philip

Philip*Wong, Feb 28, 2012
  3. my05

AspireAOA150

Good Day! I hope you're enjoying a pleasant one. First, just to make sure... are you talking about an "Aspire One AOA150" (see label under netbook) I googled AHA150 and found nothing. Just want to make sure we're on the same page/netbook.

I found a great deal on a Lexar 32GB SDHC Memory Card Professional Class 10 for $24.00 shipped. But first I want to know if the Acer AOA150 will support it. Here are the specs I found for my netbook "Storage Expansion"...

SD™ Card reader and Multi-in-1 card reader:
    Supporting Secure Digital™ (SD) Card, MultiMediaCard (MMC), Reduced-Size Multimedia Card (RS-MMC), Memory Stick® (MS), Memory Stick PRO™ (MS PRO), xD-Picture Card™ (xD)

http://support.acer.com/acerpanam/netbo ... 0sp2.shtml
    http://support.acer.com/acerpanam/Manua ... QG_Eng.pdf

Doesn't mean it won't support it... It might, they just don't know it... apparently on one of these systems an SDHC card is working in the Multi-In-One Card Reader. It might only work with that specific card... and it may be flaky... so that needs to be tested good before you claim it works... can you do that?

I "Chatted" with Acer Support and they went by the written docs and said it doesn't support SDHC Cards.

Please test your cards again and post the results here.

Thanks Guys! John B.

AspireAOA150, Mar 23, 2012
Ask a Question