Aspire one a150 internal mic problem

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by kuwlij, Nov 3, 2008.

1. kuwlij

kuwlij

I have surfed, swam and jetskied my way across the web trying to find a solution to this bloody mic problem.

I bought the a150 (linpus version) and installed XP succesfuly following a really good guide on youtube.

I then looked for drivers from acer's site and downloaded everything for windows, including the CCD folders while not knowing what they're for.

I installed them all together, instructing NOT to restart until all drivers have been installed.
    - now, my sister had bought the same exact model a few days before i did and knowing of this mic problem, just before i was ready to restart for the changes to kick in i tested the sound.. it worked.. i tried recording with the mic.. and IT WORKED! .. i restarted.. and it didnt! :cry:

after hunting for a fix online and trying all different audio driver versions my long forgotten troubleshooting skills kicked in.. IF at one point it worked, then a restart was it's undoing then the problem MUST be from one of the other drivers installed.. in particular one of the drivers which required a restart before it kicks in... i haven't tried this out yet, but hopefuly anyone out there might try to play about with not installing some drivers.. I think the CCD are unneeded.. and are probably the cause of this problem.. esp since the apparent issue with asking u to plug in the webcam when it's built in (and even "uninstalling" the device through device manager and refreshing didn't help it see the webcam) ended up with u having to terminate it's install in order to restart

i'm dying to try this out..

kuwlij, Nov 3, 2008
  2. kuwlij

myacerone

I purchased a One last week pre loaded with XP Home SP3 and the internal microphone does not work. An external mic does work thank God. I have been through all of the Sound connfig panels to no avail. I have not found a solution yet.

myacerone, Dec 11, 2008
  3. kuwlij

robandjeanne

Same problem here. External mic works internal one doesn't. I followed a suggestion on windows xp software section where it was suggested first get a copy of realtek then uninstall the realtek v_5.10.0.5628 driver and software. Then reinstall it. I tried this many times and it worked once with great built in mic sensitivity, but when AA1 turned off and back on it no longer worked. Very frustrating. Acer support says send the unit back which is a ridiculous waste of everyones time and resources since this seems to be a software problem. I was not very impressed with the technical expertise at Acer.

robandjeanne, Dec 13, 2008
  4. kuwlij

caulktel

Any solution to this mic problem yet? I have bought 3 AA1's from Costco and everyone of them has the mic problem, but the one from Wal-Mart works fine. Go figure.

caulktel, Dec 14, 2008
  5. kuwlij

dattaway

Why in the world does Acer have to do a non standard configuration a popular sound card?

dattaway, Dec 14, 2008
  6. kuwlij

IRH

Very same problem in Spain with a brand new AAO A150. The built in micro does not work. I have surfed all around the web with no response. ACER tech support in Spain all is offering is to collect the netbook for its inspection! Does anybody has a solution? Thanks everybody.

IRH, Dec 30, 2008
  7. kuwlij

goapy

goapy, Dec 31, 2008
  8. kuwlij

ccuina

If still facing issues with mic on XP, please see addition to post 7595 http://www.aspireoneuser.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=7595

I was experiencing "deaf mike" on one of my units and solved in ~30 mins. Note in Realtek HD app, mixer tab, need to make sure mic is selected, and with enough volume (halfway suffices).

Hope this helps.

ccuina, Jan 3, 2009
  9. kuwlij

rahaas

Having read these posts I have opted to exchange my new AA1 for a replacement with Amazon. If the next one doesn't work I will replace it with something else. It's amazing that this problem is so common and there is no response here from Acer. I'll be back after the replacement is delivered. :!:

rahaas, Jan 10, 2009
  10. kuwlij

caulktel

I agree, Acer is totally dropping the ball on this one. I wish they would get their crap together and fix this.

caulktel, Jan 10, 2009
  11. kuwlij

robandjeanne

The deaf mic aa1 I have came from Amazon around mid November. Amazon has a fantastic price on aa1s with 160 GB, 6 cell, and XP. I would send mine back if I thought I could get a good one from them. I hate to go through this effort since I have everything else working and it would mean starting all over. I have to decide soon as Amazon won't take it back after end of January. Very frustrating since I had mine working 3 times temporarily. I think it's a switching problem where the internal mic is not selected, and it constantly defaults to line mic. The Realtec sw (icon in tray) actually shows you when a mic or earphones are inserted, so this would indicate the internal mic is on (when nothing plugged in) but no such luck. Selecting the internal mic has been a problem with bigger acers also, but so far it's been a very persistant problem with some aa1s. I wonder if it's going to be as simple as saying OK after selecting the internal mic so the da** acer switches.

robandjeanne, Jan 10, 2009
  12. kuwlij

dimram2005

hi guys i want to answer me to a question i have. I bought acer aspire a150 linux version. I want to make a particion and have both windows and linux but i can't find the windows drivers from acer site(i searched in all categories). Can somebody help me with that? Where exactly are the drivers in the site or can i find the drivers from somewhere else? Send me a link if you can or anything that may help me

dimram2005, Jan 13, 2009
  13. kuwlij

ccuina

Here http://www.aspireoneuser.com/downloads/

Sorry, but I know nothing re: Lnx on A1s

ccuina, Jan 19, 2009
  14. kuwlij

sean808080

same problem here but only on flash sites...the mic works with audacity on mac and xp just fine. just flash sites the internal mic is dead....

sean808080, Mar 2, 2009
  15. kuwlij

kenaney

got the same problem but cant download the driver that is mentioned, can anyone give me link to dl it?

kenaney, Mar 2, 2009
  16. kuwlij

buckybuck

I just received a refurbished Aspire One and discovered this internal mic problem. Incredible that a company can knowingly continue to sell a product with such a well-documented flaw.

I've tried every Realtek audio driver version ever created (including the one that came with my Asus eee, a dependable machine that I felt was being left behind in the netbook race, a belief I'm no longer sure is valid), with no luck, and disabled and re-enabled rthdcpl.exe numerous times with no effect. Has anyone come up with any other ideals to get this to work with XP?

buckybuck, Apr 14, 2009
  17. kuwlij

Wez

Hey guys, I had this problem before, I found a quick fix was just to open up the Realteks audio program and adjust the mics volume from there (and also click and click again the noise supression button)

For some reason it's like the microphones volume is really low until you adjust mic setting in the Realtek program

Wez, Jul 19, 2009
Ask a Question