aspire one A110 cooling mod

Discussion in 'Modding and Customization' started by cool55t, Jul 7, 2010.

1. cool55t

cool55t

for pics go to http://www.flickr.com/photos/51891589@N05/?saved=1

this is a tutorial, well more like a guide to help you if you would like to do this. It took me a couple hours because i took my time.
    items you may need:
    a piece of screen like the window screen, a small 3x3" square should be plenty
    a dremel
    spray paint (optional)
    tape (i used masking tape but duck tape should also work)
    some super glue (i used crazy glue)
    and something to cut the screen

OK first you wanna take it apart and take the mobo out, their are plenty of videos that show you how so i didn't take any pics.

next you want to make a mark in the center of the circle and start cutting a whole and sanding it down with the dremel

this part is optional but the piece of screen i used was metal and a lil scratched uo so i painted it flat black and i had some model car pait and painted the silver fan top flat black. hear is a pic with the mobo in it so i could see what it would look like blacked out

now after the screen is painted black put it where you would like it and some cutting may be required for it to fit then after its where you want it glue it in place and after the glue has dried you can put tape around the outside edges ( i did this because the screen i used was metal and it would help keep from shorting anything out)

also when i was sanding it, instead of having the rough edge i sanded it down and the plastic was a little bit discolored so i painted it flat black and it turned out pretty nice i think. hear is the finished project. Hope you like it :)
    oh and i did some test and with it out in the open before the mod while i was playing a game the CPU got to 66C and after the mod with proper airflow it lowered it to about 50-55C while playing the same game, and both test were in about a 3 hour period.

keep posted i plan on doing other mods too such as:
    2.5" sata hdd install
    possibly internal fingerprint scanner
    touch screen mod if i get the money lol (idk if ill do a tutorial on that since their are so many)
    internal blue tooth (also i may not do a tutorial since their is already a wonderful one by tnkgrl :) )
    i think thats about it, if i think of any more ill post them up hear and if you have any special request or questions just PM me :)

cool55t, Jul 7, 2010
  2. cool55t

Swarvey Moderator

Could you possibly repost the tutorial here? Just so that our users don't have to do a once-off sign up to another forum just to see what you're doing.

We have a how-to section that would be suitable if you'd like to share the work here.

Swarvey, Jul 7, 2010
  3. cool55t

cool55t

it wouldn't let me upload any pics so i posted a link to another site

cool55t, Jul 9, 2010
Ask a Question